• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

help a brother stand up

komi

First Post
If one of your allies falls prone, you can help him out by moving to stand in his square. Then when he stands up, he can shift into any square he wants.

At first I thought this was an abuse of an attempt to make falling prone easier to deal with, but then I imagined it as helping him to his feet.

We've made use of this a few times in our game. I just wanted to share what I thought was a clever trick.

kclark

First Post
Rules cite?
Just because you can still stand up in a square with an ally does not mean you get a free shift out of that square.

komi

First Post
This only works for allies (thought that's probably sufficient).

If one of your allies falls prone, you can help him out by moving to stand in his square.
PHB p.283
"Ending Movement: You can end your movement in an ally’s square only if the ally is prone."

Then when he stands up, he can shift into any square he wants.
PHB p.292
"Occupied Space: If your space is occupied by another creature, you can shift 1 square, as part of this move action, to stand up in an adjacent unoccupied space."

This is a shift, not forced movement. So interrupts that trigger on shift will go off here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads