• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help calculating will!

scottchiefbaker

First Post
I'm using this premade human wizard character from WotC and I can't figure out why the will is 15.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/HumanWizard.pdf

Level 1 works like this:

Base: 10
Wis/Cha: +1
Class: +2 (Wizard)
Feat: 0 (that I can tell)
Misc: +1 (Human's get +1)

That's 14, but it clearly says 15 on the sheet. All the other stats add up correctly. I'll probably level next time we play, so I want to make sure I know how to figure out the stats.

Yeah, this is well known. The original QS character sheets were filled with little errors. Don't use the old stuff, get the newest version. The original version of KotS had plenty of mistakes and things that probably got updated during the final testing period of the PHB and MM too. That and they also tweaked several encounters a bit as well.

In fact if you're a stickler for going by the book all of the first three modules have numerous minor mistakes in them. You might want to incorporate errata, which I believe you can get.

Remove ads