• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help create a helper character

Ostler

First Post
I'm working on a new character for the game I play in. The character will be 10th level and eventually get psionics (campaign related all characters discover hidden talents/psionic levels). If I create a psionic character I can get 1 additional level for the character but have to have 2 levels of some other class. (everybody else is a 10th level character with 3 psionic levels)

The party currently has
a cleric (excellent fighter with a maul),
a monk (another excellent fighter),
a druid/shapeshifter, (interesting)
a dwarf barbarian (fun to watch - from a distance),
and a rogue/sorcerer/trickster (annoying :) )

What I want to create is a character that is able to help buff the party rather than a fighting class. The lack of spell casters suggests some sort of wizard but I'm not sure. There is not a lot of role playing opportunity, and much of the world was destroyed prior to the start of the campaign so a bard would be out of place. The DM allows almost any source, but WOTC stuff is preferred.

Any suggestions for a race / class combination?

Thanks

8XXX{0}====>

First Post
make a cleric, that just sits back and casts buffing spells:

bless, cats grace, bulls strenght, etc. And take the healing domain. Healing and strenght.

everchanging02

First Post
If you want arcane mixed in, you could always shoot for Geomancer. Three levels Cerlic, three levels Mage should do it, if I remember correctly. At high enough levels, allows the arcane spells to be fired off while wearing armor at no penalty.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Pixie or Grig Cleric. They don't compete for equipment, they don't do much in combat besides run away and heal people.

-- Nifft

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads