• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Creating New High Level Psion

Kaji

First Post
For predictable reasons, I may need to draw up a new high level character for our game to possibly replace my maybe soon dead mage. Never having yet tried Psionics, and being anxious to do so, I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on choices they made, prestige classes they took, and other Psion related issues. When I roll him up, he'll most likely be 16th level.

Thanks,

Kaji

Apok

First Post
Use the alternate psionics rules from If Thoughts Could Kill. They go a long way to make the Psion balanced with the other classes.

Kaji

First Post
I don't have If Thought Could Kill. Does it make Psion's more or less powerful in your opinion? So far, it seems that a
PC would have to be VERY careful to make the right decisions building a Psion, or you end up with this one trick pony guy. But maybe it works out better at higher levels.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
A few pointers...
1) Check out the "Mind's Eye" feature on the WOTC website. Plently of good feats, powers and prestige classes.
2) On a more specific note, get the 8th level power Shadow Body. For the cost of only 15 power points, the manifester becomes virtually undetectable in darkness and gains 50/+5 DR and construct immunities for 1 minute per level. Only catch is that you can't harm anyone psychically or manipulate objects except psionically, but that's not really a problem.
Just my two cp (with exchange rates these days...)

Demiurge out.

Last edited:

silvertable81

First Post
The Psion is a multi-class waiting to happen. Try a Barbarian4/Monk4/Psion(Egoist)4/Metamind (revised)4
The Mind's Eye over at WOTC has the power Metaphysical Body, allowing unarmed attacks to be considered +3 weapons.

Zappo

Explorer
Get maximize power; since the DCs to save against your powers are set randomly, maximize power, on top of increasing damage or whatever, effectively gives a +10 to DC on average.

And if I'm wrong there, please answer this thread. :)

Kaji

First Post
I wasn't really thinking multi-classing so much, plis the combo suggested I don't think is possible, unless that was tongue in cheek and I missed it. If I do multi-class at all, it might be with a few level of Physic Warrior. Does anyone else have any suggestions for high-level powers and maybe items that they used and were happy with?

Remove ads