• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Et Helper

Draxx

First Post
I did a complete unistall of my pld etools, and then applied the beta-patch 1.01 and then tried to use Et Helper to add prestige classes. ET Helper says my Database has not been patched. I have run the patch 4 times and still get the message. Installing the new 1.2 official patch doesn't help either. Any ideas anyone?

Help appreciated,

Draxx

EricNoah

Adventurer
make sure you have the latest ET Helper which was updated a couple of weeks ago.

Also, do you have more than one eTools installation? Once you have the newest ET Helper, try using the little dropdown menu next to the Exit button and select Forget Database Location. Then when you try to use ET Helper next, it will search your computer for all etools installs and you can pick the correct one.

Davin

First Post
EricNoah said:
Also, do you have more than one eTools installation? Once you have the newest ET Helper, try using the little dropdown menu next to the Exit button and select Forget Database Location. Then when you try to use ET Helper next, it will search your computer for all etools installs and you can pick the correct one.
Yes, Drax, this is probably your solution. The actual versions aren't much of an issue as any version of ETH will talk to any version of the database (as long as its 1.01 or later, for the editor). It's just a matter of making sure that ETH is "seeing" the correct installation.

Draxx

First Post
Thanks Eric and Davin, I found the problem. The install of the patch is creating a new directory of "wizards of the coast" my directory is just under "wizards" so while I thought it was patching the etools it really wasn't. All I had to do was repatach with the correct pathway.

Thanks again,

Draxx

Draxx

First Post
new problem...
I am trying to enter a prestige class (Graven One from BoEM) in to the class editor and I don't know how to account for advancing spell caster levels as the character gains new levels in Graven One. I see some features that are "grayed out" in the editor that maybe have something to do with it but I don't know. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Draxx

EricNoah

Adventurer
The type of class must be set to Prestige.

Then on the Spellcasting tab, you will see checkboxes in the Spells per Day window. Put a check by any level where the class gets +1 level of existing class (levels 1,3,5,7,9 for the Graven One).

Draxx

First Post
Eric,

Do you mean click in the first "o"level slot and turn it to 0?
i did not see any "check" to toggle. Help!

thanks,

Draxx

Remove ads