• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Et Helper

EricNoah

Adventurer
you won't see the check toggles until the class type has been set to Prestige on the first tab -- this boggled me for a while too, but you have to do that first. Prestige classes are the only ones that can have this type of spellcasting.

Draxx

First Post
Eric,

I have it on Prestige, the requirements magical tab has everything grayed out (don't know why) The spellcaster tab shows the levels 1 -20 and spell level 1-9 on the spells per day box. No "check" box. I put a "0" in the "0 level" spell slot for 1, 3, 5, 7,and 9 is this right?

So confused,

Draxx

Draxx

First Post
Eric,

I found it!!!

I had the "class can cast its own" box checked. Big no no. Once I unchecked that box I saw what you were talking about. Thanks for the help. Your a real credit to the community!

Best regards,

Draxx

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well that's just not right. So let's go back to the beginning.

What version of ET Helper do you have installed? (Go to Help, About). You should have version 0.60. If not, then that's your problem -- earlier versions didn't support this feature.

The only two tabs that matter are the General tab, where you select Type of Class -- Prestige, and the Spellcasting Tab, which should look like the attached screenshot:

Davin

First Post
Gee, just call me "Johnny-come-lately". :) I'm glad you got it figured out. And yes, there are two requirements to see that checkbox: It must be a Prestige Class (only they can add to other spellcasters) and it must not be able to cast it's own spells (or else it would have its own progression and not be changing another class's).

Chaz

First Post
Has anyone made ( or considered making ;) ) an html tutorial with screenshots like eric did above for ETHelper? That would be a good html file to have.

Davin

First Post
Chaz said:
Has anyone made ( or considered making ;) ) an html tutorial with screenshots like eric did above for ETHelper? That would be a good html file to have.
If we have HTML file(s), then I can put them in the ET Helper Help file itself.

Remove ads