• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Finding Two-Hander Damage Bonus

Telémakhos

First Post
Hello-

I am going to be running a 4e one-off for my game group (we are in the 8th year, 2nd campaign of our longest consecutive play in a home-brew world 20 years old) and I have been having a lot of fun converting old characters from this gameworld into the new system.

The issue I am having is that I know I saw that wielding a versatile weapon in two hands does +1 damage, but I cannot for the life of me find where that is or confirm whether 2-handed weapons grant a similar bonus.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

PS: Now thinking about it at work without the PHB, I am wondering if it is spoken about in the fighter class description.

Telémakhos

First Post
they do not.

Fear not multi [w] powers make it so two handed weapons do about 10% more damage.

Fear? How do you mean? Are there 2-handed powers under fighters that damage opponents with fear/intimidate or whatever? I saw that mentioned somewhere, looked at the skill descriptions and was confused. As we are starting the one-off at 1st level I have not gotten past 2nd level utilities and such.

avjax

First Post
The place where it details the damage bonus for one handed weapons used with two hands is the equipment section undert he description of Versitile. Don't know the exact page ref though.:)

Telémakhos

First Post
The place where it details the damage bonus for one handed weapons used with two hands is the equipment section undert he description of Versitile. Don't know the exact page ref though.:)

I saw that but thought it said "does extra damage" rather than "adds +1 to damage" or something more sprecfic. I might have missed it though. I will check when I get home.

Thanks.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Fear? How do you mean? Are there 2-handed powers under fighters that damage opponents with fear/intimidate or whatever? I saw that mentioned somewhere, looked at the skill descriptions and was confused. As we are starting the one-off at 1st level I have not gotten past 2nd level utilities and such.

"Fear not! Multi [w] powers make it so two handed weapons do about 10% more damage."

rather than

"Fear, not multi [w] powers, make it so two handed weapons do about 10% more damage."

Christian

Explorer
Since two-handed weapons are always used two-handed, there's no need for special rules for when they're used two-handed. The additional damage is already included in their base dice.

Stalker0

Legend
Also certain powers, like the fighter's reaping strike, and the feat power attack, do more damage with a THW.

But in general, a THW just has a larger base die, and that's it. Keep in mind that damage bonuses are harder to come by in 4e, and powers that deal 2[w] or 3[w] or even 7[w] gain extra bonuses from THW because those weapons have larger base damage.

hamishspence

Adventurer
powers and feats

Most of the value will be coming from those, at least for some weapons. since the biggest versatile weapons are in competion with the smallest two handed weapons.

Remove ads