D&D 5E Help generating interesting pre-gen for LMoP

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
hey folk,

so I'm about to start DMing a new game of LMoP for my regular table which is in dire need on a little refresh on ''how to D&D'', so I decided to walk them through the starter set to re-learn the rules.

They asked my to use pre-gen, which is pretty cool because that was my intention at first. Thing is, this table usually create gonzo/quirky character and over-invested in those quirks to replace the most basic of roleplay and it is often detrimental to their focus on the game.

So I'd like to dredge the collective hive-mind to ask you if you could throw me some character idea for those pre-gen, which the following restriction:
  • Level 1: no need to build the character abilities, I'll do that part myself
  • No multiclass, no feat
  • no joke character, no ''one quirck pony'' or edglelordus maximus
  • All class available
  • Ideally classic races, but more out-there stuff is allowed if it somewhat fit in the campaign.
  • Campaign driven: the adventure must come before the personal sidequests of the characters.
  • If possible, the character could somehow be linked to the adventure or one of the side treks.

Thanks in advance!

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
Well i've got a few that i've never got around to using, although they're level 3 concepts rather than 1 for the subclass choices:
-A Dwarven Hunter Ranger, Making a living in the woods, Chopping up fallen trees and dangerous monsters with their battleaxe.
-A Halfling Feypact Warlock, Stolen and later released after negotiating their freedom in exchange for being in the Archfey's service.
-A Dragonborn Lore Bard, Travelling across the lands telling and collecting stories and treasures of his proud dragonborn kin.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Well i've got a few that i've never got around to using, although they're level 3 concepts rather than 1 for the subclass choices:
-A Dwarven Hunter Ranger, Making a living in the woods, Chopping up fallen trees and dangerous monsters with their battleaxe.
-A Halfling Feypact Warlock, Stolen and later released after negotiating their freedom in exchange for being in the Archfey's service.
-A Dragonborn Lore Bard, Travelling across the lands telling and collecting stories and treasures of his proud dragonborn kin.
Thanks a lot for those!

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
A half-orc rogue bandit that parted ways with the Red Brand for reasons he just won't reveal.

A deafened human fighter soldier which speaks loud and read on lips perfectly.

A halfling bard performer and master whistler.

A goblin ranger outlander regenade from Cragmaw that is up for a vendetta.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
-An Elven Draconic Sorcerer, Left their home to seek out their draconic ancestor and master their newly developing magical powers.
-A Tiefling Cleric, Left on the doorstep of the church as a baby and who became a priest to repay the kindness they were given back to others, Setting out on a journey across the lands to experience the world.

Remove ads