• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! Have you used the Basic Three Classes?

malien

First Post
I need your help!

I want to run a game that will be using the three basic classes, Warrior, Expert and Spellcaster, in lieu of the traditional D&D classes. These are described in Unearthed Arcana.

Have /you/ been in or run a game using these classes? Have you ever pondered using them in a game? What were your thoughts? Experiences?

Did you like them, or hate them? Find the idea different, refreshing, or boring, and lacking? Did you only use the class abilities listed in UA, or did you/your DM include more? Which ones? How many feat slots did they take to gain?

And, finally, what about PrCs? Did you still have them? Either way, how did you find that to work out for you?

So many questions, I know! But, I posted this more or less once before, and nobody responded. This is stuff I needs to know! So, maybe this time. ;) Thanks!

Storyteller01

First Post
The classes work to degree, but other classes can be found for players. The Rokugan setting has a 'Courtier' class that covers the Aristocrat class. The expert has a flexibility that you can't find in any other character (The rogue comes close).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads