Help! I need inspiration!

Renfield

First Post
Music always does it for me, though contrary to the above stated opinion I find that movie soundtracks that sound like they'd lend themselves well to a D&D world/game are perfect. Not to mention the Dungeons and Dragons Soundtrack by Midnight Syndicate, or the Eberron Soundtrack released in the Sharn: City of Towers supplement.

Movie soundtracks are good as well. Braveheart, Gladiator, 13th Warrior, etc. Look around and you can probably find a thread on here for good gaming music. 300 has an amazing soundtrack as well.

Outside of those when sifting for story ideas I tend to sift through D&D books. I've been dissapointed at the sacrificing of fluff in favor of crunch in 3rd Edition however there are some 3E books that are just nice to read. Heroes of Horror is a personal favorite and I've gotten numerous ideas from it. Some even give you simple plothooks like the DMG and it's 100 plot hooks list. If your selection is limited try to focus on what you want out of the game and just sort of toy with the idea in your head, create a baloon chart of ideas.

Anyway, hope it helped.

Remove ads