• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! I need the Mindspider's stats

mseds99

First Post
Hi all,

Would anyone have any stats for the Mindspider, the neogi ship in the Lords of Madness page 104? I'm talking movement, hp, hardness, etc. I found the official Spelljammer website (great site!!!) which had the floorplan of the ship but no corresponding stats. In my campaign, the ship was recently damaged fighting a duergar war galley, locked in its hidden port and the pcs found it. The PCs hired someone to fix it, and if they can hold off the neogis' mercenaries hired to retake the ship, they are gonna escape the mercenaries assault in dramatic fashion. I have absolutely zero experience with air ships and things of that nature so any help would be appreciated.

Matt

carrot

Explorer
I have the 2nd Ed Stats:

Built by Neogi
Tonnage: 40
Hull points: 40
Crew 3/40
Man Class: C
Armor rating: 4
Save as: Metal
Power: lifejammer
Armament: 2 x medium catapults, 1 medium jettison, forward grapple/piercing ram, rear peircing ram
Cargo: 20 tons

Ordbyrht

First Post
With the 2ed stats that carrot gave, you can replicate the mindspider using the [BETA] 3e Ship Construction and Combat Rules.

The mindspider uses a lifejammer as a helm, which powers the ship using the lifeforce of the helm's occupant (In 2ed, I think it was something like 1-8 hp per day of operation). Just a heads up, anywho, helms haven't been updated to 3ed. If your PCs are only going to use this as a method of flying around their home world, helm stats aren't all that important. For this, you can just adjust the airship stats and speeds found in the Eberron Campaign Setting's Explorer's Handbook.

If they do intend to use it as a spelljammer (that is flying around wildspace, and visiting all the different crystal spheres), helms can pretty much be used as is from 2ed. If this is the case, you should invest in some Spelljammer books.

mseds99

First Post
Thanks

Ordbyrnt,

that spreadsheet is wild. No critisism whatsoever as the thing worked perfectly for me. In fact, its WAYYYYYY more than I hoped for. I get the feeling the PCs are going to get attacked by ramming vessels now. Thanks for the help.

Matt

Remove ads