• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help? Irish or Scottish myth of cursed stone.

Deimodius

First Post
Y'all,

I need a little help tracking down a myth possibly from Ireland or Scotland. The son of a friend claims his teacher told his class a myth about a cursed stone of some sort (could be a jem, could be a rock) that brings bad luck to whomever possesses it. Apparently the only way to rid yourself of the curse was to convince someone else to take the stone from you willingly (whether or not they had to know of teh curse, i do not know).

It seems the teacher didn't say much more about this supposed myth than what I've written above, except that the stone is supposedly now in a museum in Ireland or Scottland. Seaching on the web finds nithinng except stories about people being cursed for takinng stones from cairns, but nothing about a particular stone that must be passed on.

Has anyone heard about this myth, or can shed some light on it?

Thanks.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Deimodius said:
Y'all,

I need a little help tracking down a myth possibly from Ireland or Scotland. The son of a friend claims his teacher told his class a myth about a cursed stone of some sort (could be a jem, could be a rock) that brings bad luck to whomever possesses it. Apparently the only way to rid yourself of the curse was to convince someone else to take the stone from you willingly (whether or not they had to know of teh curse, i do not know).

It seems the teacher didn't say much more about this supposed myth than what I've written above, except that the stone is supposedly now in a museum in Ireland or Scottland. Seaching on the web finds nithinng except stories about people being cursed for takinng stones from cairns, but nothing about a particular stone that must be passed on.

Has anyone heard about this myth, or can shed some light on it?

Thanks.

You may be able to find something here:

http://www.pantheon.org

Sounds like something from this myth...

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/c/crom_cruach.html

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads