• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! Is my player cheating?

Ryujin

Legend
DM's cheat, most players don't. ;)

I've got a player who cheats constantly. He'd be a very bad poker player, because his 'tell' is huge. Every time that he cheats, he scoops up his die as if to look at it closely. When that happens the opponent always makes his save or hits with his attack on that character, whichever is more appropriate. He has gone entire sessions without 'rolling' less than a 16, on a D20.

He'd do better if he wasn't cheating.

mentle

First Post
I've got a player who cheats constantly. He'd be a very bad poker player, because his 'tell' is huge. Every time that he cheats, he scoops up his die as if to look at it closely. When that happens the opponent always makes his save or hits with his attack on that character, whichever is more appropriate. He has gone entire sessions without 'rolling' less than a 16, on a D20.

He'd do better if he wasn't cheating.

Man I want his dice. My players are generally successful because of my poor rolls : p and my wife has the luckiest dice I've ever seen, if I didn't but them, I'd swear they were fixed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ryujin

Legend
Man I want his dice. My players are generally successful because of my poor rolls : p and my wife has the luckiest dice I've ever seen, if I didn't but them, I'd swear they were fixed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

That's why I put 'rolling' in quotes; he doesn't.

I, on the other hand, seem to single handedly prove the existence of telekinesis by being able to disprove the randomness of dice rolls, by doing whole sessions without ever rolling above a 12.

GreyICE

Banned
Banned
That's why I put 'rolling' in quotes; he doesn't.

I, on the other hand, seem to single handedly prove the existence of telekinesis by being able to disprove the randomness of dice rolls, by doing whole sessions without ever rolling above a 12.
I was playing a druid in 3E, and I started off the fight by summoning two minions. My animal companion charges, and rolls a 6.

The next round, me, my animal companion, and my two summons all charged. We rolled a 1, 1, 1, and 3.

Yeah.

the Jester

Legend
I can't quite boot him as I approved the character originally; however my understand if the character vs. the way its being played do not match. I'm making him bring me the actual dragon magazine and will go from there

Yeah, you should probably clarify that he needs to use actual 4e material.

S'mon

Legend
I can't quite boot him as I approved the character originally; however my understand if the character vs. the way its being played do not match.

I had a player tell me I had approved his character being immortal/unkillable. He had sent me a character background that said his PC was cursed to be killed by a red dragon. When his PC later died, he emailed me to explain that actually he was not dead, as the curse "which I had approved" meant that he could ONLY be killed by a red dragon.

I booted that player.

Remove ads