• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[HELP] Looking for a piece of classic art.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I need a little help looking for a piece of art. We just moved into a new place and I'd like to get some lithographs for the walls.

The piece in question comes from 2nd edition (or maybe even OD&D). It depicts a group of victorious adventurers hanging out under a tree. From one of the branches hangs a small green dragon that they apparently just killed.

I think it was in the 2nd edition PHB, but I could be wrong.

This ringing a bell with anyone?

Thanks

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
You are correct - it's on page 7 of the 2nd Edition Player's Handbook. As for the lithograph, I'm afraid I can't help you there, but good luck with the hunt!

Johnathan

der_kluge

Adventurer
I always liked that picture myself. In fact, I even briefly played a female elven psionicist modeled after the young female elven archer in that picture.

phadeout

First Post
I love that picture. It was something we always looked at each time we decided to make up new characters... it just gives that idea of a new adventuring groups first major win and how sweet it was.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Elmore has this print for sale - they were at his stall at Gencon.

When his online store is back up and running in a few days - you should be able to get it.

ephemeron

Explorer
Steel_Wind said:
Elmore has this print for sale - they were at his stall at Gencon.

When his online store is back up and running in a few days - you should be able to get it.
And lots of others. Thanks to this thread, I'm seriously tempted to get lots of Elmore prints that I can't afford. (Someday, I'l have a real job, and live in a place with room for a gaming area. When that happens, I want that area to be decorated with the art from the Basic, Expert, and Companion sets...)

Remove ads