• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me build an Aberration

Kristivas

First Post
OK, long story short, the PCs will be trying to prevent this cult from summoning something twisted.

At the very end of the this part of the campaign, they'll probably have to fight the thing.

I want it to be vile and horrid, Cthullu-like.. very alien, very scary.

I'd wager to say the PCs will be around 10-12th level by then. I'd like for it to be defeatable, but pretty darn tough.

Kristivas

First Post
I kinda want it to crawl/slither out of the hole.. like a blob of flesh with some razorblades stickin' out. That way it can attack multiple foes, slither around, and just be horrible.

Kristivas

First Post
I'm thinking no legs or head or discernable limbs. Kinda like a proteus, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. How would I do HD and such for it?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
How to make an aberration:

1) Pick a base creature

2) Open your copy of WOTC's Savage Species

3) Pick a template and add it

4) Repeat steps 2-3 until satisfied.

You could have a Gelatinous Insectoid Multiheaded Learnean Pyro _______________ in just a few minutes.

shilsen

Adventurer
Simplest way to do it - pick a CR 10-12ish creature which has the mechanical abilities you think will make for a fun encounter. And then come up with a description in game which matches the flavor you're looking for, while retaining the mechanics.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads