• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Help me build an undead warband

Afrodactyl

First Post
Would just like to add in that just because he's a necromancer, it doesn't necessarily mean all of his minions are undead. Humanoid followers, aberrations and monstrosities that have been bent to his will, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions :) One of the things I definitely will do is use a group of lower-level ghouls (possibly iron ghouls from the toB) with a Grim Jester (also from the ToB)....that one is a giant skeletal middle finger to all heroes ...they will hate me sooo much...

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Add Undead traits to the Swarm of Wasps and call them 'undead mosquitos'. The PCs meet some in the swamp. (They are an incidental side-effect of his raising other undead on purpose.)
This should creep out the PCs.

jasper

Rotten DM
Skeleton on bass violin, Bashee on trumpet, Wight on vocals, zombies on drums, lich on lute, and hags are backup singers. And sexy Ghouls on the bus.

Remove ads