• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me build this character

Beholder Bob

First Post
Ok – I’m looking for feedback for my next character. I’m planning on playing a Halfling named Pembriel, and I’ve got a good bit of his concept already nailed down, but I still need help with the class & feat mix.

Note – I’ve made 3 different versions of him, played a few games with him, but while his concept works great, the mechanics have always been poor

1st he is a gestalt character. Almost certainly a druid – X.

2nd the original concept had him mounted on a war Ostrich. I’m toying with this. It is a very sub-optimal animal companion. I could switch it out with a more effective critter, such as a riding dog – but I so like the ostrich. If there is a feat to allow a mount to progress with a character (like a paladin – not necessarily in combat effectiveness, but in survivability), I could have my cake and eat it too!

3rd Pembriel is a kind soul, enjoys entertaining children, helping peasants, and likes the idea of the folks of the world actually just relaxing and getting to know their neighbor. Yep, he wants world peace. I do not see him as an evoker, nor a fighter or rogue (no special fighting skills, nor a plethora of blasting spells).

4th in the past, I’ve debated with myself about mixing 2 of these classes – druid, cleric, bard, and wizard. Except for the druid-cleric mix, he will need 2 good spell stats. He is a poor warrior, but will need a competent dexterity to survive.

5th for actual combat, he rode his ostrich while armed with a ‘lance’, a masterwork spear that didn’t gain the +1 to hit, but was allowed to x2 damage with charge.

Oh, the ostrich stats where about the same as a pony. It was a big’n.

Uh – any suggestions?

B:]B

Remove ads