• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me make HIM.

RisnDevil

First Post
This is a picture that a close friend drew for me. I really like the pic and think he would make a GREAT BBEG. The only problem I have is "rules creativity." First of all, I am not very knowledgable about the differences in demons/devils/and other outsiders, less yet the intricacies of each. I want this guy to be BAD, REAL BAD. I am thinking I want him to be an Epic challenge, sitting behind the scenes, with maybe an Aspect for the low-mid level players to encounter. Any help would be appreciated.

Ummmm, any help on how to make the picture show without being a d/l or link would be nice......

Attachments

• Mace Cannon.bmp
    229.7 KB · Views: 319

Nyaricus

First Post
please re-post this picture. i personally cant see any great amount of detail, which would help greatly for concept and defining it as a demon/devil/evil outsider, etc. As for creating this guy, i can help you, just need a better starting point than an incrediably tiny B/W pic. you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours.

RisnDevil

First Post
Like I said, I don't know how to post a pic IN the post, and they pic is that small because I had to scale it down so it would fit within the attachment size limit. If you can tell me how to circumvent either of those, I would be glad to repost. Also, the origional pic is in b/w, so there is not much I can do there.

Nyaricus

First Post
arent those "type insert-roman-numerals-here" demons 2e?

as for rules, once i get this inconsistancy fixed up, ill help make the core guy

jaker2003

Explorer
judging by the head adorning his loincloth, I'd say he's a Medium Outsider (Evil)
the real differnce between demons and devils is the alignment
Chaotic Evil = Demons
Lawful Evil = Devils
Does it have any special attacks or qualities . . . Like imunities?

The only demon subtype listed in the Monster Manual are tanar'ri:
Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar'ri)
Immunity to electricity and poison
Resistances: acid 10, cold 10, fire 10
Summon (Sp): % chance to summon certain demons
Telepathy

The only devil subtype listed in the Monster Manual are Baatezu:
Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Immunity to fire and poison
Resistances: acid 10, cold 10
See in Darkness (Su)
Summon (Sp): % chance to summon certain devils
Telepathy

that's the basic traits.
Because the image shows your BBEG bathed in large flames, it's probably a devil or a demon<(with imporved fire resistance).

looks like it'd have

Barbed Defense (Su): Any creature striking a (insert race here) with handheld weapons or natural weapons takes 1d8+(Str bonus) ponts of piercing and slashing damage from the (demon/devil)'s barbs. Note that weapons with exceptional reach, such as longspears, do not endanger their users in this way.

and

Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of a (insert race here) lets it function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a (insert race here) is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the (insert race here) is treated as one size larger if it is advantageous to it. A (insert race here) is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it. A (insert race here) can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, its space and reach remain those of a creature of its actual size. The benefits of this characteristic stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.

it might also have

Infernal Wound (Su): The damage a (insert race here) deals with its (insert name of weapon here) causes a persistent wound. An injured creature loses X additional hit points each round. The wound does not heal naturally and resists healing spells. The continuing hit point loss can be stopped by a DC 13 + (Con bonus) Heal check, a cure spell, or a heal spell. However, a character attempting to cast a cure spell or a heal spell on a creature damaged by a (insert race here)'s (insert name of weapon here) must succeed on a DC 13 + (Con bonus) caster level check, or the spell has no effect on the injured character. A successful Heal check automatically stops the continuing hit point loss as well as restoring hit points. The infernal wound is a supernatural ability of the (insert race here), not of the weapon. The check DC is Constitution-based.

That might also be a Large Morningstar in it's hand.

We're also looking at DR 5, 10, or 15 with the exception of good-aligned weapons or affects.

Nyaricus

First Post
ugh. ever since EPH and RoS came out, its all about the powerful build. that demon is large, easy. look at the size of him; look at the mass. hes large. period.

i don't mean to sound harsh,but this rule gets eploited WAY to easily; and thats not cool

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads