• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me make these items.

Xath

Moder-gator
In one of the games I'm playing in, my character's sister-in-law has gone insane. The reasons would be a long story. But anyway, my character went to visit her, and found that they had simply locked her in her house and boarded up all of the windows. So my character went through and fixed the broken furnature, but she'd like to get her sister some items that would make the place seem more home-like without being a possible danger. So here's what I'd like to make. Please help me out.

1. A fire for the fire-place that gives off light but not dangerous heat. I thought of some type of permanancied ever-burning torch, or Continual Flame, but I don't know about fleshing it out.

2. A non-breakable window that shows the outside weather, but not people. Preferably something like a meadow, so that she can see the time of day and some soothing scenes. But if she saw some of the people in the town it might fuel her madness. I'm thinking something like a Scry permanancied onto a Wall of Force?

3. A pot that will heat food, but not burn people.

4. Furnature and dishes that Mend themselves every night and return to their proper place.

Corlon

First Post
well, you don't need to make an ever burning torch permanent, as it is already. Just cast continual flame in the fireplace, perhaps a couple, and there you have it.

For the window, I'd say put up a mirror, and make a permanent scry (realistically you can't make it permanent, but for such a minor flavor reason to do it, I'd say just look at the current things you can make permanent, and estimate how much it would cost.) As for the dishes, why not just create a spell that makes them really strong and nigh unbreakable. As to putting themselves back in their place, perhaps make them magical item that can cast mage hand on itself 3/day, and increase the price perhaps by doubling it so that they can do this themselves.

These prices aren't really based in the rules, but as this is more of a flavor/character developement thing to help his sister in law, I don't see why guestimating and cutting a few corners here and there on the price would matter very much.

The pot that would heat food but not burn people...I have no idea how that'd work, because to get hot enough to cook the food, it would have to be hot enough to burn people. perhaps use a sigil to dispel the heating spell if someone tryed to touch the hot surface or something, but that's a bit complicated for a simple job...

Remove ads