• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Help me Playtest my Pathfinder CharGen

Johnny Angel

Explorer
I've been working on a new d20 chargen, and using Pathfinder Alpha as my first specific ruleset. Note that this spreadsheet does not include a spell list manager or an animal companion assistant. Those I feel are better handled as separate sheets, and they are projects that I'm interested in taking on. The HeroForge team is currently looking to go 4th edition and produce a standalone program (i.e., one that doesn't require Excel). I look forward to seeing their results, but in the meantime there isn't much talk over in the Yahoo group of supporting Pathfinder Alpha.

For 3.5, HeroForge is impressively comprehensive, but my own approach is to concentrate on transparency and mod-ability so that the individual can add the content they need rather than have the sheet contain anything they might possibly think about needing.

All gamerule information in this spreadsheet is gleaned from the SRD or Pathfinder, though page number references are given for the Player's Handbook or the DMG where appropriate so as to make life easier for the player at the table. As far as I know, this does not violate the OGL.

At this point, I'd appreciate any feedback on just whether the thing is working correctly. Try to generate a character and just let me know if it's doing the math right, displaying the right information, ect. Also, it's worth pointing out if I'm misapplying any rules or failing to reckon with a difference between Pathfinder and the SRD.

Chequez vous:

http://chargen.motime.com/

Phlebas

First Post
Had a couple of goes at downloading it yesterday, and today and keep getting a time out error

"The server at www.ashmead.net is taking too long to respond."

pity since i'm starting a PF playtest soon..

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Just downloaded it today after seeing the link over on the Paizo Pathfinder forums. Haven't played with it yet, but it looks really cool. Should be helpful for me in NPC generation for one of my games.

Johnny Angel

Explorer
I will at some point put in a stat block generator, since that's what I found most useful for generating NPCs. A spreadsheet helps tremendously. I know people do stat out NPCs by hand, but they must spend a lot of time doing it. Also, I suppose I should enter the NPC classes from Pathfinder. But the first thing I was concerned about was just making sure the thing worked.

Rugult

On Call GM
I had to find out about this AFTER I designed this week's NPC baddie.

All the same I will take a peek at this when I get home. Thanks for putting it up! :)

Johnny Angel

Explorer
Here's an update for you. The current version of Pathfinder sCoreGen includes NPC classes and stat blocks. As I GM I find this kind of thing makes my life a hell of a lot easier, so I expect it will help facilitate your Pathfinder playtesting.

FATHER MOREHAMMER
Male dwarf Adept 3
LN Medium humanoid
Init -1 ; Senses Perception +0 (+2 taste-based, +2 touch-based, +2 on unusual stonework.)
==DEFENSE==
AC 13, touch 9, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, -1 dex)
hp 20 (3d6+6)
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +5
Defensive Abilities Hearty, Defensive Training, Stability
==OFFENSE==
Spd 20 ft./x4
Melee Mwk Warhammer +2 1d8 20/x3
Special Attacks Hatred
==STATISTICS==
Str 10, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 9
Base Atk +1, Cmb+1
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light) (PHB 3.5 89), Martial Weapon Proficiency (PHB 3.5 97)
Skills Heal +7, Knowledge (religion) +3
Languages Common, Dwarven
SQ Darkvision 24 m, Keen Senses, Adept Familiar
Combat Gear Mwk Warhammer, Masterwork Chain shirt
Other Gear Pitons x4, Rope, Holy Symbol, Backup Holy Symbol

Pathfinder-sCoreGen-b09

Remove ads