• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me price this sword?

Wolffenjugend

First Post
Longsword +1, Undead Bane, wielder gains benefits of Death Ward spell for duration of combat against undead opponents only (i.e. the wielder is not immune to a Finger of Death spell cast by a living cleric). The sword can only be wielded by a Cleric of a campaign-specific deity.

Base price = 8,315 gp

Use-activated or continuous spell effect (Death Ward) = 4 x 7 x 2000 = 56,000 gp

Sub-total = 64,315 gp

Class-specific = -30%

Total = 45,021 gp

Does this look right? What about the fact that the Death Ward isn't really continuous; it's only continuous against undead...

brehobit

Explorer
Wolffenjugend said:
Longsword +1, Undead Bane, wielder gains benefits of Death Ward spell for duration of combat against undead opponents only (i.e. the wielder is not immune to a Finger of Death spell cast by a living cleric). The sword can only be wielded by a Cleric of a campaign-specific deity.

Base price = 8,315 gp

Use-activated or continuous spell effect (Death Ward) = 4 x 7 x 2000 = 56,000 gp

Sub-total = 64,315 gp

Class-specific = -30%

Total = 45,021 gp

Does this look right? What about the fact that the Death Ward isn't really continuous; it's only continuous against undead...

I'd drop the cost of the deathward as it is fairly limited in scope (undead only). I'd go with 35,000 or so rather than 56,000. A very nice idea though....

Diirk

First Post
Wolffenjugend said:

Base price = 8,315 gp

Sub-total = 64,315 gp

Class-specific = -30%

Total = 45,021 gp

Death Ward is a minute per level, so its 4 x 7 x 2000 x 2 = 112000
So, 120315 -30% = 84,220 gp

Ouch. I'd give it a fairly sizeable discount for being useful vs undead only tho, perhaps 50k-60k

Remove ads