• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me put together a Halloween adventure! (my players stay out!)

rkanodia

First Post
Hi all. I need to come up with a good Halloween adventure by next Thursday, and I'm hoping ENworld can help me out. Anything is useful; monsters to use, environments, plotlines, you name it. Here's the campaign outline:

- Campaign world is Eberron
- 3 PCs, level 2 (close to level 3)
-warforged fighter
-human barbarian/rogue
-gnome artificer

The PCs just finished an adventure on a lightning rail heading East through the Talenta Plains towards Q'barra. Before I realized that Halloween was coming up soon, I started to plan a dungeon crawl for them, at an old military fortress in Q'barra left over from the Last War. The fortress was built by dwarves from the Mror Holds and was used as a logging site (it's on a river, with a defunct mill and all that) in addition to being an outpost, and it sits directly on top of the ruins of an old underground grippli temple (why waste perfectly good dwarven stone on building foundations when you can just borrow?) I can always shelve this idea for another week if something great comes up, but incorporating it would be great.

So, what do people think I should run? Undead? Demons? Emerald Claw? Quori? What's something that will really get under the skin of my players and creep them out?

rkanodia

First Post
philreed said:
You might consider pumpkins! Patrick Younts has been working on a series of Halloween PDFs and the first covers pumpkins (including monsters and magic).

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=3507
Thanks, but I'm trying to come up with something a little more Eberron-specific. If I haven't figured out anything good by Sunday afternoon, though, I might just take a look at the pumpkin book.

Right now I'm thinking of having the dungeon crawl turn into a haunted house of sorts, perhaps with Dolurrh being conveniently coterminous. A Khyber Cultist, perhaps with some crazy aberrant features (like long, ropy dreadlocks which are actually mini beholder eyes!) could be running the place. Get a good claustrophobic kind of feel going.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
rkanodia said:
Thanks, but I'm trying to come up with something a little more Eberron-specific. If I haven't figured out anything good by Sunday afternoon, though, I might just take a look at the pumpkin book.

Do you have MMIII? There are a lot of creepy monsters in there that work with Eberron.

rkanodia

First Post
philreed said:
Do you have MMIII? There are a lot of creepy monsters in there that work with Eberron.
Sadly, I don't. Maybe I'll pick it up over the weekend.

My new idea is 'reverse dungeon crawl', where the players play monsters inhabiting a dungeon... they kill incoming adventurers and take their loot, because that's what monsters do. In the course of this, they will wake up an ancient evil that will become the main villain for the regular characters' next story arc. Any of the monster PCs that have survived will probably become lieutenants of the BBEG. Any that don't will probably be raised as undead and then become lieutenants of the BBEG :D

Remove ads