• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Me Score 1000 XP!

Greenfield

Adventurer
Well, let's look at core rules for a moment.

The Wiz at 10th level can transport up to three willing creatures, and however much weight he and they can carry together.

Large creatures count as two medium creatures, and by the book there is no discount for smaller ones. They still count as one.

So...

He Teleports with one Medium Worg and the Large Worg. The small Worg carries a Goblin on its back and calls it carried weight.

The Large Worg carries the other Medium Worg in its mouth, and two Goblins on its back, and calls them carried weight. (Lift and carry numbers increase exponentially with size increases.)

A slightly creative interpretation of the rules, but it gets you there in one move, and you never leave the core rules.

The key is in the spells phrasing: Associated creatures can come "(carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load)". While undead aren't "objects" as such, the definition of "gear" is somewhat nebulous. Perhaps nebulous enough to let a DM pull a fast one.

<edit>
I have it. No rule bending or creative rules interpretations required.

Step 1, collect skeletal remains of creatures to animate.

Step 2: Animate the Large Worg and one Medium Worg.

Step 3: Animate the others using the Delay Spell feat, so they won't actually animate for several rounds.

Step 4: Teleport in with the two Worgs I mentioned. The inanimate bones are definitely objects at this point, and are carried by whoever you'd like. They won't be "objects" a round later, when the Animate spell kicks in, but by then you'll be on the other side.

Problem solved.

Last edited:

Remove ads