• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me survive a twink's campaign

PolterGhost

First Post
Ability Scores: 17 16 15 14 14 11
Character/Book Restrictions: None

The DM is a complete twink and isn't willing to play any game where he can't destroy everything in his sight. He is now the DM.

Campaign: The last survivors of a werewolf attack on a village go out for revenge.

Characters: 5th level. Unknown number of characters altogether.

The goal: Devise a twink build to survive this campaign, or at least show the DM that his players can outthink him.

So EN World, what can you offer?

PolterGhost

First Post
Being able to actually survive is a good criteria.

The fact is that most likely every character is going to be massed by werewolves, so they need all the help they can get.

I suppose a magic or psionic build would be best to have the most options? The player in question was thinking using Psionic Warrior to abuse bonus feats to grab Illithid crap to get the ability to bore into people's brains in one shot.

Dandu

First Post
I wasn't aware you could snag [Heritage] feats with the psychic warrior bonus feats, since they are for [Fighter] or [Psionic] feats only.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Monk gets all good saves, high touch AC, and eventual SR and poison immunity. If all you care about is survivng, monk's not bad. :)

And I'm confused, is this for you, or your friend who's considering psychic warrior? What do you want to play?

radmod

First Post
I don't play as much as DM, but I found that for survivability I like the Scout class. He's got decent hps, good skills, and several 'survive' feats like Evasion. However, if you want to take full advantage of skirmish, it often means putting yourself in graver danger.
Also, I like adding a level of Monk to almost any class to help survivability.
In my case, I am playing a Were-rat which I feel gains quite a bit for relatively low ECL but I'm not sure you could afford it at 5.

SquallEvoker

First Post
Hey, I'm the guy who needs to twinked out build for the game. I know I'm going to have a 5th level monk as an ally (no, he won't be very useful) and I may have a DMPC tagging along. All I know is that I'm trying to think of something that is powerful enough to kill werewolves with ease, and able to survive the DM's :):):):). I'm not looking for a Pun-Punesk build. Just some ideas to work with.

Also, there is a restriction on the Magic of Incarnum book, as the DM hasn't seen it really.

EDIT: By survivability, I mean 90% of the game is going to be combat based. I may have to make one skill check, maybe two. I'll probably need a fort save to deal with poison, but other than that, it's a hack n' slash style game.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
It sounds like you don't really like the DM...

But as for classes, you might want to look at either Crusader or Warblade from Tome of Battle. Both get full BAB, decent skills, decent saves (Fort is most important to you, I'm guessing), nifty class features and good HDs (Cru gets d10, Wrbl gets d12). And maneuvers give you lots of special things to do... Crusaders can heal themselves or allies, Warblades get moves that allow strikes against several nearby foes, both of them can get DR/adamantine...

Paladin would let you hit harder and make you immune to the Curse, plus the various other abilities of the Paladin.

Or turn the DM's lycanthropes on him... Let one bite you and willingly fail the save so you turn into one. Then use the benefits from the lycanthrope stuff to augment your own abilities. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads