Help me think of a cool name for a "Silent Hill" type town

Cavalorn

First Post
The trick is to understate. Salem's Lot, Silent Hill and the like don't lay it on thick. Lonely Crag or Ravengrim Darkfastness push it too far.

Shallow Down
Old Orchards
Jackson's Crucible
Chillwater
Barrow-in-the-Mold
Burnt Hayden
Whispering Pines

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I recently moved to a neighborhood in Astoria Queens known as Dutch Kills.

The word "kill" is is derrived from a Dutch word meaning "creek" or "stream". As a consequence of our roots as the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam, a lot of places in NYC and the surrounding part of New York State contain "kill" in their names. Peekskill, NY comes to mind, as does Great Kills on Staten Island.

Considering what "kill" means in English, adding "Kills" to your town name might give it the same sort of creepy play on words feel that Darkness Falls has.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Cavalorn said:
Whispering Pines

Having gone to gradeschool in a town of that name, believe me, it's nothing but 2nd tier golf courses and retired northerners. Though 'The Thing at the Bottom of the Water Hazard on the 9th Hole' has a ring to it. ;)

Laundreu

First Post
Hrrrm.

I like Pine Barrens, myself. But that's me.

Or just use names and then another word. E.g., Dougan's Mill, Hudson's Ford, that kind of thing.

rbingham2000

Explorer
kirinke said:
How about something completely harmless?
Silver Falls
Crystal wood
Harfast
Black Creek Falls
Eagle Ridge
Falcon Ridge
Definitely. Crystal Lake IS, after all, the place that Jason of Friday the 13th fame calls home.

Let's see...

Ironwood
Sparrow Falls
White Creek

Remove ads