Help me think of a name for...my PC's horse

hong

WotC's bitch
Dirigible said:
That's a good name for a horse.

"Hiho, ChaosChaos, away!"
Chaos Chaos Ghali, ex-Secretary General of the United Nations, would be aghast to see you treating his name as suitable for a horse.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Sejs said:
Seriously, don't name horses. They're the aluminum cans of D&D - Use it for a while, crush it against your forehead, take another one off the plastic ring and repeat. Get into a fight with bandits on the road? Guess what isn't surviving. Exploring some ancient ruins/enemy fortress/dungeon du jour? Guess what's not going to be alive when you get back.

True story - one player in my previous FR game, stuck for a name for his half-orc fighter, came up with Darmoc, and Tenagra for his horse. He must've killed off three or four horses in that game sequentially, so the running joke was that his horses were named Tenagra XVII, Tenagra XVIII, Tenagra XIX...

janta

First Post
Greylock asked:
what type world are you playing in??

Sorry, should have mentioned that -- it's in Greyhawk. In fact, the DM is the girl with whom I learned to play D&D, way back in the day. So there's a bunch of old history there just ripe for abuse. Especially since our games back then tended toward the melodramatic...

So far, I'm digging all the suggestions, though "Alhandra Starbreeze" cracked me up (take that, Sturm! Bwah!) and "Mithrandir" would be amusing because it would allow me to tease my husband (he had a PC named that long ago). But at this moment, I'm leaning toward Ookla, 'cause Thundarr the Barbarian was just a kick-ass show. :)

--Janta

Remove ads