• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me twink out an elven ranger and human wizard!!!

frog

Explorer
Hey all,

Milo Windby has agreed to DM a game or two in order to allow me to play as a character (for the first time in about 2 or 3 years). We will be using the 3.5 rules (which I don't own and am not familiar with) so I need some help. Mazi wants to play an elf (go figure :lol: ) ranger and I want to play a human wizard. Since I have not used nor am familiar with the 3.5 rules, I need help "twinking" these to be the ultimate in their respective classes. That's right, I am going for powergaming here. Let's go for broke and twink out to your hearts content.

Thanks in advance.

sithramir

First Post
You need to be more specific. Give level and stats and i'd suggest an idea of what you want for each before we can really go any further.

frog

Explorer
Starting Level 1 for both.

Stats rolls for the human wizard are: 15, 17, 12, 11, 17, 16
Stats rolls for the elf ranger are: 16, 15, 18, 15, 16, 13

Arrange the stats as you see fit. Feats from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting are ok to use too.

italianranma

First Post
Starting Level 1 for both.

Stats rolls for the human wizard are: 15, 17, 12, 11, 17, 16
Stats rolls for the elf ranger are: 16, 15, 18, 15, 16, 13
ok, now step two is to decide how you want to play him (or her). How do you see your mage? Is he constantly looking for the next biggest Fireball spell, or is he the kind of guy that prefers his charmed friends to do his dirty work? Is he an anti-social Necromancer, or a flambouant Enchanter. Pick a character out of a fantasy source, or look at fantasy pictures until you have a concept. Then Post that here and we'll do the twinking. Finally I would recommend for your very first character to be a generalist. Do a little bit of everything, find out what you like. This is the time to play an Archtype.

Thanee

First Post
Oscar carramiñana said:
spellfire wielder

Ah, yes, make the whole party spellfire wielders!!! :p

But switch Con and Wis... Wis 17 !? ;)

And if you are looking for overpowered options, incantatrix is nice, but check out the new dweomermaster (Clr1/Wiz5) in the complete divine web enhancement!
eek.gif

Bye
Thanee

frog

Explorer
She wants the elf to be a melee monster and follow the dual wielding path using short swords.

She plugged her 18 into dex, got the +2 enhancement to it and so she has a 20 dex. She then used her feat on Weapon Finesse to get a massive +6 to hit at 1st level.

Any suggestions on what her next Feat should be or whether or not this is a wise path that she is currently following? She has never really played a fighting type.

As for the wizard, I want the "semi sane wizard who can jelly your bones with the wave of a hand" type. Think the Taken from the Black Company, only without the evil twist.

Thanee

First Post
frog said:
She wants the elf to be a melee monster and follow the dual wielding path using short swords.

Then she has chosen the wrong path. ;)

Dual wielding isn't very strong in 3.5, thanks to being unable to use Power Attack with light weapons, unless you get a lot of added damage somehow.

Bye
Thanee

italianranma

First Post
if you TWF with a double weapon, is that restriction still there?
e.g. if I have a double sword and I power attack for 2 then do I roll 1d8 +2 +STR and 1d8 + 2 +1/2STR assuming successful attacks, or is the off hand attack 1d8 +1/2 Str?

frog

Explorer
Thanee said:
Then she has chosen the wrong path. ;)

Dual wielding isn't very strong in 3.5, thanks to being unable to use Power Attack with light weapons, unless you get a lot of added damage somehow.

Bye
Thanee

Meaning that she has chosen the wrong path or the wrong weapons for the path that she wants to take? What would be a better weapon choice?

Remove ads