• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 help needed to create a Legacy Weapon for Age of Worms (D&D 3.5)

Child of Hypnos

First Post
Hello all,
I haven't posted on here for quite a time, so apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm intending to run an Age of Worms campaign for my group starting in september.
As in the past I've had difficulty getting them to become attached to their characters, we have started character development now so that they are properly fleshed out when the campaign begins.

One of my players wants to play a character with a legacy weapon bastard sword.

The plan is that he begins the campaign with the sword, which he found in a ditch when he was attacked by bandits. Having defeated the bandits with the sword, he went back to look at where the sword came from, finding a skeletal corpse in the remains of a rusted but nevertheless grim looking suit of armour.

As the campaign starts at level 1, the sword has no apparent special properties beyond making the possessor feel a sense of competence and security when he wields it.

Part of the character concept is that the PC believes that the sword is trying to help him live forever. (this need not actually be the case)

I'd like the sword to be at once a blessing and a curse, beneficial but burdensome.

I'd also like to link it into the campaign background, so that it gives an additional sense of destiny to the character and campaign.

I've toyed with linking it to the Wind dukes of Aqaa, to the armies of the queen of chaos or to the druidic order of the storm, but i'm unsure which, if any feel right.

Sorry for rambling,
Any help would be appreciated!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads