• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help pimp my ride...er concept

s-dub

First Post
I'm trying to create a pure defense character. My first idea was to go fighter/dwarven defender/legendery dreadnought (for the ohh so fun unstoppable ability). We're playing gestault (as is usual for my group). I was trying to fit something thematically that had tumble as a class skill but wasn't limited to no/light armor. Any ideas?

I'm thinking of either something like adaptive learning, that let's me add a skill as a class skill no matter what class I take.

I guess a dwarf in full plate flipping around doesn't make much sense, but whatever.

MithrasRahl

First Post
You could always go Warblade for your other class. Has tumble, d12 hit dice, Uncanny and Improved Uncanny Dodge, and you could take Stances and Manuevers from... Stone Dragon I think it is.

Slaved

First Post
You could take the Crusader from Tome of Battle Book of Nine Swords on one side and the Incarnate from Magic of incarnum on the other and be able to get all of the staying power and skill bonuses that you want!

Zurai

First Post
Note that Tumble cannot be used in medium or heavy armor. It's part of the skill, not the classes with access to the skill.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
My gestalt tank is a changeling crusader||martial rogue (from UA).
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Elusive Target, Midnight Dodge, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint

You can get stupid high AC, and Elusive Target is hilarious with two Dodge buddies. You'll usually end up using your standard, move, and swift actions to good effect every single round.

avr

First Post
Swordsages get WIS bonus to AC while wearing light or no armour & tumble as a class skill. Not exactly what you asked for, but if you've got the stats for it the AC would be very high indeed.

Maleketh

First Post
Zurai said:
Note that Tumble cannot be used in medium or heavy armor. It's part of the skill, not the classes with access to the skill.

Actually, Tumble can't be used when your speed is reduced by encumrance or armor - and dwarves don't suffer from that problem.

Zurai

First Post
Maleketh said:
Actually, Tumble can't be used when your speed is reduced by encumrance or armor - and dwarves don't suffer from that problem.

Yeah, that was already noted in the thread. Not that it changes the fact I was wrong. I think I was told that it was "can't tumble in med or hvy armor" some point and when I checked it the rules agreed closely enough that "can't tumble in med or hvy armor" became the actual rule in my head. Sorry for the incorrectness.

Remove ads