• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Please: I need to find the rules for "thunderstick" ???

Gallo22

First Post
A player of mine likes to use something called a "thunderstick", which is more of less an explosive, aka non-magic fireball. However he can't remember where he found it and so we have been kind of guessing on what it exactly does...

Does anyone know what book this is in? I'd like to read up on it and see exactly how it works, etc...

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edit: I'm not talking about the thunderstone in the phb. ;)

Last edited:

werk

First Post
Thunderstone, PHB I believe.
Pretty much a flash-bang type device.

Thunderstone 30gp 1lb.
You can throw this stone as a ranged attack with a range increment of 20 feet. When it strikes a hard surface (or is struck hard), it creates a deafening bang that is treated as a sonic attack. Each creature within a 10-foot-radius spread must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be deafened for 1 hour. A deafened creature, in addition to the obvious effects, takes a -4 penalty on initiative and has a 20% chance to miscast and lose any spell with a verbal component that it tries to cast.

Since you don’t need to hit a specific target, you can simply aim at a particular 5-foot square. Treat the target square as AC 5.

Xer0

First Post
Gallo22 said:
A player of mine likes to use something called a "thunderstick", which is more of less an explosive, aka non-magic fireball. However he can't remember where he found it and so we have been kind of guessing on what it exactly does...

Does anyone know what book this is in? I'd like to read up on it and see exactly how it works, etc...

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edit: I'm not talking about the thunderstone in the phb. ;)
I'm assuming that you're his DM. Put the burden on him. If he can't show you the source for his "thunderstick", then I wouldn't allow him to keep using it. Because honestly, I've never heard of a "thunderstick" before.

Storm Raven

First Post
Gallo22 said:

I recall something along those lines described in an issue of Dragon - it was related to an article concerning an interplanar mercenary company. I'll try to dig up the issue when I get home.

Remove ads