• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Help] Searching for the Name of an Old Arcade Fighting Game

zen_hydra

First Post
Greetings

I am searching for the name of an old arcade fighting game.

Here are the details that I can remember about it.

You fought in an arena in what seemed like a mythological Greece or Rome.

I remember that it was a game where you could walk into the foreground and background as easily as you could side-to-side (the movement and camera perspective were similar to beat-'em-ups like Final Fight).

The fighters were mythological creatures and heroes. I remember a large muscular Heracles type fighter, as well as a slimmer and faster human character.

There was a Minotaur character, as well as a lion-man.

I think there might have been a stone-man and a 3-headed snake creature.

There were others but my memory is failing me.

I remember a boss character that looked a bit like a demon, and I could never quite make out what he would say as he kicked your ass, but it sounded something like "brain bleed!" or "Praise me!".

In arena there were obstacles with spikes that you could slam an opponent into.

I think the fighters had a fillable POWER meter.

I the Minotaur character would throw an opponent in the air, strike them with his horns when they fell back down, and then slam them to the ground.

I am pretty sure this game came out in the early 1990's.

So that is all I can remember about the game. If anyone knows the name of this arcade game please let me know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads