• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help the Universe Pick a Game to Run...

Which Game(s) Should the Universe Run at the DC Gameday?

The_Universe

First Post
Here's your choices:

Culper Ring: The Mad King's War. PL 10 Mutants and Masterminds, set during a fictionalized version of the War of 1812. Superheroes vs. Redcoats and their mysterious Hessian allies. I ran this at Gen Con, and it was well-loved.

Masters of the Hollow Earth: The Terrible Secret of the Pterosaur Rift PL 6 "Agents" Mutants and Masterminds. Inspired by the fantastic Hollow Earth Expedition. Nazi 5th columnists have hijacked an important Allied cargo, inadvertantly leading a crack team of WWII commandos to their secret base in the Hollow Earth. Nazis. Dinosaurs. Lizardmen. Pulp action.

Dread: Scooby Doo, Where Are You? Zoinks! The Mystery Machine can't save you now. The gang has stumbled upon its deadliest mystery yet. Play the game that uses Jenga for task resolution!

Dude, don't run...just play!

I want EVERYONE to experience Culper Ring because it's just THAT GOOD... but, because I have played it, I'm going to vote for either Masters of the Hollow Earth or Dread... both of those games sound wicked-awesome-fun. :)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I want EVERYONE to experience Culper Ring because it's just THAT GOOD... but, because I have played it, I'm going to vote for either Masters of the Hollow Earth or Dread... both of those games sound wicked-awesome-fun. :)

I agree with the pretty lady.

reveal

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I played Culper at GenCon. It was fun, even if all I had was a weed copter. ;)

The_Universe

First Post
Interestingly enough, the other guy that played Johnny Appleseed basically re-enacted the Last March of the Ents, and then proceeded to have an oak grove grind Gulliver into Salisbury Steak.

But the weed copter was much funnier. ;)

John Crichton

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Culper Ring was great fun, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone! It meshes supers and colonial America wonderfully!
My thoughts exactly. Hell, Kennon, you could dust off your Civil War Supers game from '06 and do that. Both were excellent.

reveal

Adventurer
Are you still running a game? You're signed up for Deadlands in the morning and Dread in the afternoon. Not that I'm complaining because I am too. ;)

Remove ads