Help Us Kill Morrus - Just updated 23/03/05

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
RandomPrecision said:
If that actually works, you might even be able to hitch a ride right to her throne next time. ;)

Yah; I'm quite happy on the other side of the room.

Well, "quite happy" is probably a rather large overstatement...

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Eccles said:
What a hijacked pile of... Nah, that's a bit harsh.

Good job, Mr Man.

The problem with summoning is that I'm a big girl. If I start my one and only summon, and get hit even once by the gith before my next round, I've wasted the spell. Which is why I've been afraid to cast it.

It's not a question of the concentration check, it's the further -3 wisdom drain...

Just so long as Al can get off that foggy spell I cannae put a name to then I don't think you've got a problem.

I could always point out the wizard to them! :lol:

The other problem with the two Gith is the distance they are from the tanks and what's between us and them, (two Slaad and some energy walls).

There's also the problem with Rex who's got about, mmmmmm, 1 round left before the OTHER Slaad decides he wants an Angmar/Davion kebab!!!

I think it might be about time to test out your Death Ward!? :heh:

Well we'll see tonight!

SMITE!, (oh bugger, just used me last one)!

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Good piece of writing there Steve! Finally managed to read it today. :)

Unfortunately, Davion can't summon the Archons: he only gets celestial or fiendish templated beasts > Changed to Pseudonatural...

Think the spell you were thinking about was Solid Fog - will give it a try. Going to see if I can lock down those #*?! mageslayers for a bit.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Inconsequenti-AL said:
Good piece of writing there Steve! Finally managed to read it today. :)

Unfortunately, Davion can't summon the Archons: he only gets celestial or fiendish templated beasts > Changed to Pseudonatural...

Think the spell you were thinking about was Solid Fog - will give it a try. Going to see if I can lock down those #*?! mageslayers for a bit.

Cheers Al.

I was thinking about the summons and aren't Archons celestial anyway, they've just got the template built into their stat blocks?

'Locking down' those mage-slayers is definitely a priority, even if it's only for one round. It would give both me and Nik time to do summons, (not entirely sure what Dave wants to do yet). If the tiger can tag one of those Gith it's history and the sooner Nik can use his highest level spells the less harm a further loss of wisdom is going to do.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
I'll have a re-read of the wording of it this evening, but I'm pretty sure the alienist says it's only things with the description printed on the Summon List... It's a shame, but I like the betentacled goodness of that class! A slightly downsized summon list seems a price worth paying :)

Will have another look this evening and see if I can think of any more nasty!

shilsen

Adventurer
Inconsequenti-AL said:
I'll have a re-read of the wording of it this evening, but I'm pretty sure the alienist says it's only things with the description printed on the Summon List... It's a shame, but I like the betentacled goodness of that class! A slightly downsized summon list seems a price worth paying :)

You are correct. An alienist can only summon creatures from the Summon list that have a celestial or fiendish before them (so lantern archons aren't available), getting pseudonatural versions of them.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
shilsen said:
You are correct. An alienist can only summon creatures from the Summon list that have a celestial or fiendish before them (so lantern archons aren't available), getting pseudonatural versions of them.

Thanks for that! Didn't have my books around to check it...

Like I said earlier, I think it's a fair trade off, although times like this make me pine for the original 3.0 version :)

Slife

First Post
Try concentrating your attacks on one of the mageslayers. Have the paladin get its sword when it dies, then challenge the king one on one (as an earlier poster suggested). If you can reduce him to a gibbering fool, you'll have a much easier battle.

Remove ads