• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HELP?! What can I do to convice a DM to use PSI in his game?

los_bastardo

First Post
Hey there! First time poster. A little backstory. I've gamed with my gaming group for about 5 year. Give or take. We've played through 4 complete campains. I ran the first 2, and then I handed off the DM duties to my friend, and he's done a smashing job. I've been off fromt he game for about a year, due to work (Just got out of The local Law Enforcement Academy) and some Drama and Trauma with my Ex. I feel as though I can't really connect to the old gaming group, and I asked my friend what to do. He stated "Hey, you're always welcome, just spend time. It'll be cool." And I'm prepared to do just that. But, here comes my issue. I REALLY love the new Psi handbook. I want to play Psion like mad, and about 4 players in the 6 player group /hate/ Psionics. So, I want to try to wrangle the chance to play a psion, without crapping in my old friends yard, since he is running the game, and on top of that, I'm sort of the old new guy. Ideas? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
If the would-be GM is one of the 4 that hate it, you may be out of luck.

Otherwise, just roll with it. Tell them you are coming to the next session, and have a character made up... and have it be a psion. Most reasonable GMs would rather get the game rolling that stall while you make a character.

But bring a backup character in case he's not reasonable. ;)

buzzard

First Post
Calico_Jack73 said:
Buy pizza for the group or buy the DM a copy of the new book and talk it up with him. Bribery will get you everywhere.

You know, bribery is just what I was thinking. I suppose twisted minds think alike.

buzzard

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Emphasize that you want to play it as "psionics is magic". Your DM may be thinking of the older rules where a detect magic wouldn't pick up psi, which is very dagerous for a campaign when you're the only psi guy.

Arnwyn

First Post
Negotiate. Ask the DM that if you buy him his own personal copy of the new Psi Handbook, then can you can play a psion? And say that you'll have your own copy, too, to prevent the game from slowing down.

If you want to play something so badly, be prepared to shell out for it.

Talmun

First Post
Hiya Los!

Betcha didn't know I read/post here now :)

Ya know, if you're really that set on playing a Psion, maybe we can talk about it some more...

Sincerely,
Talmun the Insane Fire-Mage and Los Bastardo's Psionics-Hating DM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads