• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Help with a Bard of Calistria

Gromnar

First Post
Hi all,

I have a player who has a Calistrian bard, and is looking for a way to aquire a giant wasp companion or familiar, or some type of relationship. Does anyone know of a mechanical way to achieve the result, or a similar one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wycen

Explorer
All the ways I can think of require taking a level in a class that isn't bard, but maybe there is an archetype that would help.

Oh, maybe a figurine of wondrous power, but those are expensive and you'd have to re-skin something like a raven or something I think.

Kinak

First Post
The easiest way to do this within the rules is the Eldritch Heritage feat, selecting the Arcane Bloodline. As long as you're comfortable taking a skill focus in any knowledge, your bard should qualify.

You can get an animal companion the same way, although it's a bit more of a stretch. The Sylvan variant of the Fey bloodline grants an animal companion. You'd need the skill focus to be in knowledge (nature) specifically for this.

Storm a hive, get a young one and rear it to domestication with handle animal?
That technically wouldn't work (because giant wasps are vermin with - Intelligence and, therefore, untrainable), but I'd allow it as a GM.

Cheers!
Kinak

DragonLancer

Adventurer
If you are happy with the character having such a companion, don't worry about finding a mechanical reason, just design an adventure where the character can gain such a companion as the reward.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads