• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with a cleric power build

Demoquin

First Post
My brother is also starting up a lvl 7 LN Dwarven Cleric (inexperienced as well)
Domains are War and Earth. Deity's weapon will be the Dwarven War Axe

Str 12 DEX 11 CON 15 INT 11 WIS 16 CHA 11

Feats i am planning are Extend Spell, Endurance and one other ... can you suggest one? Mostly PHB and DM allowed but i will have to ask the DM about anything outside of that.

Can a Cleric leave a spell slot open and pray to his deity for a certain spell? I seem to remember that Wiz can do it ...

What can you reccomend for a spell list?

I was thinking

0 - Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, 2 Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
1 - Bless, 2x Divine Favor, Obscurring Mist, Shield of Faith, (Magic Weapon or Magic Stone)
2 - Bull's STR, Hold Person, Status, (blank) *Spiritual Weapon
3 - Dispel Magic, Prayer, Blindness/Deafness * Magic Vestment
4 - Death Ward, * Divine Power

mikebr99

Explorer
Demoquin said:
My brother is also starting up a lvl 7 LN Dwarven Cleric (inexperienced as well)
Domains are War and Earth. Deity's weapon will be the Dwarven War Axe

Str 12 DEX 11 CON 15 INT 11 WIS 16 CHA 11

Feats i am planning are Extend Spell, Endurance and one other ... can you suggest one? Mostly PHB and DM allowed but i will have to ask the DM about anything outside of that.
Divine Shield... complete warrior.
Demoquin said:
Can a Cleric leave a spell slot open and pray to his deity for a certain spell? I seem to remember that Wiz can do it ...
SRD said:
A divine spellcaster selects and prepares spells ahead of time through prayer and meditation at a particular time of day. The time required to prepare spells is the same as it is for a wizard (1 hour), as is the requirement for a relatively peaceful environment. A divine spellcaster does not have to prepare all his spells at once.
Demoquin said:
What can you reccomend for a spell list?

I was thinking

0 - Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, 2 Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
1 - Bless, 2x Divine Favor, Obscurring Mist, Shield of Faith, (Magic Weapon or Magic Stone)
2 - Bull's STR, Hold Person, Status, (blank) *Spiritual Weapon
3 - Dispel Magic, Prayer, Blindness/Deafness * Magic Vestment
4 - Death Ward, * Divine Power
2 - Silence is always helpful.

3 - holy storm for AoE damage to evil only
magic circle v/evil
battlemagic perception for counterspelling

4 - Assay resistance
recitation

Mike

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads