• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with controling undead

ShortAssassin

First Post
Could some one direct me to a page number or thread where the concept of undead control is explained in a bit more detail?

For example, what do undead do when uncontrolled? Do they take off and do their own thing or carry out the last orders given to them?

#2: When an evil cleric makes a turn check and rolls well enough that he can control his max level of undead, but there is still "damage" left over from his turning check, do the remaining HD of undead become rebuked?

#3: How long are undead that are controlled from a succesful turning check controlled?

Thanks in advance.

ShortAssassin said:
Could some one direct me to a page number or thread where the concept of undead control is explained in a bit more detail?

For example, what do undead do when uncontrolled? Do they take off and do their own thing or carry out the last orders given to them?

IMO, it has to do with the intelligence of the undead. Mindless undead (skeletons and zombies) wait for instructions (and act on the last instructions that were given to them) while intelligent undead will act within the limits of the instructions that were given to them.

ShortAssassin said:
#2: When an evil cleric makes a turn check and rolls well enough that he can control his max level of undead, but there is still "damage" left over from his turning check, do the remaining HD of undead become rebuked?

I would believe so, yes.

ShortAssassin said:
#3: How long are undead that are controlled from a succesful turning check controlled?

As long as the Cleric wishes them to be.

AR

ShortAssassin

First Post
Ok, thanks. That sounds about what I was thinking would happen.

Can I assume then that there are no hard and fast rules for the controlling of undead and that is left up to the discretion of the DM?

Remove ads