D&D 5E Help with Eldritch Warden build (DMs Guild content)

Xardion

Explorer
So my GM is running an intrigue game in a homebrew setting, and she's letting me play an Eldritch Warden from the Eldritch Expansion book available on DMs Guild (Eldritch Expansion - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild). For those unfamiliar with it, it's a sort-of more martial oriented Pact Magic caster, like a Warlock with no cantrips (though the Archmage patron grants a single flexible cantrip at 3rd level that you can change out every short/long rest), even less spell slots, no spells above 5th level at all, and no invocations, instead having d10 hit points, a stout 10+Dex+Cha unarmored defense, a Fighting Style, Extra Attack at 5th, and various combat oriented abilities granted at the usual levels. It's designed as a MAD class centered on Dex and Cha, and I'm not going against the grain there, leaning towards the Dueling style and probably other defensive options like Shield Master and Defensive Duelist. But, I'd appreciate any pointers you guys might have, especially if you're familiar with the class.

Xardion

Explorer
Inititally thinking of multiclassing into Fighter (probably starting with a level 1 Fighter for Con & Str saves), ultimately getting Fighter to 3 to pick up Battlemaster. DM uses a multiclass Extra Attack rule (multiple classes with the Extra Attack feature count together when determining when that is available), so there's no worries about delaying Extra Attack.

Remove ads