Help with interpretation on some rules.

Runestar

First Post
What the heck is Ergo supposed to stand for?

Ergo, Twin Weapon Flurry does not explicitly permit you to use the main-weapon as accessory for any OAs. Ergo it does not, ergo no exception exists saying you can. Ergo Twin Strike cannot be used.

It doesn't need to. It gives me an OA with my off-hand, which I convert to twin strike. Twin strike lets me attack with both my main hand and my off hand, and it does not say that I cannot attack with my main hand if I was making it with my off hand. Attacking with my main hand again triggers 2-weapon flurry. And you then loop back to the first step.

DracoSuave

First Post
What the heck is Ergo supposed to stand for?

It doesn't need to. It gives me an OA with my off-hand, which I convert to twin strike. Twin strike lets me attack with both my main hand and my off hand, and it does not say that I cannot attack with my main hand if I was making it with my off hand. Attacking with my main hand again triggers 2-weapon flurry. And you then loop back to the first step.

Except you can't twin strike with only your off-hand weapon. It requires a second accessory to function. You also couldn't wield a longsword in one hand, hold a handcrossbow in the other, and use this to Twin-Strike with the hand crossbow. There are restrictions on what you can use for feats implied. Nothing permits you to use your main hand weapon in a second OA attack. It -cannot- be used as an accessory in a power, whether that power is Basic Melee Attack or Twin Strike. All HBO is let you replace the power you use, it does not let you change to other accessories. And seeing as it doesn't allow you to switch accessories, you can't switch the accessory 'off-hand weapon' with 'main weapon and off-hand weapon.'

OakwoodDM

First Post
You know, as far as I'm concerned, if discussion of a possibility is this confusing, I'm more than happy to say it's not a possibility. Otherwise my players'll need some sort of logic training just to decide what happens in a combat round.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
It doesn't need to. It gives me an OA with my off-hand, which I convert to twin strike. Twin strike lets me attack with both my main hand and my off hand, and it does not say that I cannot attack with my main hand if I was making it with my off hand.

So do you see no problem with using Heavy Blade Opportunity to change an OA with your rapier into a Deft Strike with your crossbow?

-Hyp.

Runestar

First Post
Except you can't twin strike with only your off-hand weapon.

I am not. I am saying as per the rules, using twin strike on your off-hand OA apparently allows you to make an additional attack with your main hand. Which in turn ends up triggering 2-weapon flurry again. And again. And...

Remove ads