• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help?

Admiral Caine

First Post
So...

I've got the new character builder, right? I can't buy magical weapons because my gold piece limit is at 100.

How do I fix this?

A couple things.

First, under the Shop Tab, in the lower right box there are three tabs.. (a hand, scroll, and a coin..) representing Equipping your items, Notes, and Manipulating your Money.

Select the Coin. There should be a Blue Button that says "Level Appropriate". Click that, and you'll get the money you need for your level.

Okay.. Now an example:

Say you're making a 4th level character. You're entitled to a 5th level item, a 4th level items, and a 3rd level item.. plus Gold equal to a 3rd level item to spend on whatever else you need (680 GPS).

First you select your three items (and you don't pay for them out of your starting cash). Make sure the Shop button is unchecked, and then pick your three items. THEN.. check the shop button! Then buy whatever additional items you want (and they can be magic items as well). When you click 'Add Items' it will deduct it from your starting cash.

Bear in mind.. this is an example of making a starting 4th level character.

A starting first level character is only going to have the level appropriate and no items. In that case you just get your level appropriate cash, and then you "buy" everything.

Remove ads