• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Helping a friend out.

tankiller

First Post
Well there are 3 girls in my party and on a scale of 1 to 10 with a 7 being average I would say that:
The paly is an 8
And the ranger and fighter are both a 7

Pergentile

Explorer
I like to think that anyone with the intent and intelligence to learn and play D&D for more then a few sessions also has the willpower to stay healthy. Being healthy generally leads to being fairly attractive, as some of the most important things are skin tone (not yellow), teeth color (white), and a lack of bags under the eyes, right along beside hygiene. I hate how comic-book guy in The Simpsons was fat and sweaty...

Dandu

First Post
I like to think that anyone with the intent and intelligence to learn and play D&D for more then a few sessions also has the willpower to stay healthy. Being healthy generally leads to being fairly attractive, as some of the most important things are skin tone (not yellow), teeth color (white), and a lack of bags under the eyes, right along beside hygiene. I hate how comic-book guy in The Simpsons was fat and sweaty...
Not everyone who takes up DnD as a hobby is intelligent.

Particle_Man

Explorer
For flavour, she might look at the dwarf racial class (3 levels) in Unearthed Arcana, or possibly Dwarven Defender in the DMG, but assuming that she wants to go pure dwarf fighter I would KISS for the first character.

1. p. attack, cleave.
2. w. focus dwarven war ax (or greatax)
3. Iron Will (it sucks to fail these)
4. w. specialization
6. Great cleave (a bit suboptimal but occasionally very, very fun)
6. (from PHB II) Meelee Weapon Mastery (more pluses to hit and damage)
8. Greater w. focus
9. Improved critical
10. Improved Unarmed Strike (for bar fights)
12. Greater w. specialization
12. Improved Grapple (for bar fights and some combat situations)

You might also consider Combat Reflexes and (from PHB II) Robilar's Gambit, but that might be edging towards complexity.

With her int, it could pay to put skill ranks ranks in spot and listen and sene motive even at half-ranks per point (the latter to more easily prevent bluffs).

Last edited:

Veven1290

First Post
If you have the Dungeonscape book there is a great fighter alternative class feature. I know you want to keep things simple but you should at least check it out. It's called dungeoncrasher and it's awesome. You give up your 2nd and 6th level fighter feats but you get bonuses on saves an AC vs. traps (+2 at 2nd and +4 at 6th), bonuses on STR checks to break doors/walls/etc (+5 at 2nd, +10 at 6th, and when you bull rush someone into a solid non-movable object they take 4d6 +2x STR damage, which goes to 8d6 + 3x STR at 6th level).

If you are using flaws i would go
Dwarf racial sub 1, Dungeon crasher 2 with Power attack, Improved Bullrush and whatever flaw you want Character Flaws :: d20srd.org
I usually take shaky with my melee brutes.

If not just take whichever feat she wants and grab the other at 3rd level.

Remove ads