• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Helping out The Mad Irishman

SpiralBound

Explorer
My apologies if this has been brought up already here. I went to The Mad Irishman's website today to see if he had anything new and I saw this announcement:

6/22/05: Well, I guess it's time for me to whine again. :^)

Really, this site was never about making money...well, I hoped some donations might "support my gaming habit," but figured I was giving the stuff away for free, so what the heck?

But my financial situation isn't improving, so I'm unsure how long I'll be able to keep the site up. Looks like I will be incurring some medical expenses soon, making things worse. Over the past year I have received just $38.35 in donations, although I have gotten one or two items from my Amazon wish list.

So I hate to sound like PBS, but I really could use a fund drive right about now. You won't get an umbrella, or a tote bag, or any crap like that. If everybody who used my sheets donated a dollar, I wouldn't be rich, but I wouldn't be worried about how long I can afford to run the site, either. So think about whether you can keep me in business! I challenge you to muster $1 per person in your group!

Anyway, as always, my heartfelt thanks to those who have donated, whatever the amount.

On his site, http://www.unc.edu/~murphy/mad_irishman/ he has a "paypal donate" button. The way I figure it, many, many, MANY of us have been happily using his character sheets for free for years. (if you've never personally used his sheets, then I'm obviously not talking to you!) ;) If we can't repay his contribution to the gaming community with at least a dollar each then there's something wrong. Heck, we'll gladly pay 2-3 times that much for a can of soft drink and a slice of pizza and think that it's a deal! Anyway, I've been "meaning to" pay up for the use of his great character sheets for years. Now it's time for me to stand behind my intentions.

P.S. I'm not affiliated with The Mad Irishman in any way. I've never met or even emailed him. I'm just a gamer geek who has used his sheets for years and doesn't want him to suffer due to the "gimme something for nothing" attitude that I and most people online often succumb to.

Nightchill

Explorer
Likewise, I haven't used Mad Irishman for a long while (years) but he did/does great work. I've sent $5 his way; it's only a pint, I can just go to the pub 30mins later next time :)

madirishman

Explorer
A big thanks

Hey guys,

Just a big thanks to you guys for your concern and support. I've gotten quite a few donations today, and while I've got a long way to go, every little bit helps!

Warmest regards,
Patrick
aka The Mad Irishman

Steverooo

First Post
Hey, MI! (See my .sig for where we know each other from...)

Want to post a PO Box, or something, for where to send snail-mail?

(By the way, Ghostwind, be looking for my check in the next week or so... I haven't forgotten about you, either!) ;)

Remove ads