• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Helping to plan character...

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Russ, question for you really, as you know the pacing of this adventure...

I'm toying with the idea of taking a 'Craft Magic Item' feat, but don't want to unless the adventure is paced to give us downtime. Is this a fairly 'no let up' paced adventure, or is it a 'chance to rest and relax and research and study for a week or two' pacing?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've only read the first adventure fully - there aren't any time restrictions on it. I get the impression that later in the campaign, as events start to unfold, the pressure piles on a bit. But for now it's set up as home town, lots of downtime, free to add mini side-adventures, etc. so you should be just fine there.

Eccles

The downside is that I'm not going to be in a position to make anything for several levels. I'll risk it. Can always change it if I never get to use it...

Eccles

Oh yeah. And flagging up books...

I've been looking at the Complete Adventurer. Not planning on dual classing (unless a couple of levels of rogue to get evasion), but I've got my eye on a small handul of bard spells, and feats from that book. The feats are:

Versatile Performer (Gives me Int Bonus number of perform skills for free, so I can sing and play something)
Jack of all trades (can use those 'trained only' skills unskilled)
Disguise Spell (Can cast spells whilst performing, only subtly)
Subsonics (Can do bardic powers without people noticing - unless it involves a drum solo)

Also thinking about Craft Wondrous Items, althought my spell selection drastically limits what I'd be able to make with it. Probably enchanted drums for the solo...

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Nice feats there Nik.

I was also considering a crafting feat myself, (wondrous item always being a favorite), both to obviously make items but also because metamagics are reqs for various PrC's.

If you want to go the wondrous item route then do so, between yourself Al and myself I'm sure we can cover most bases?

I'm not sure what I want to do myself. I think it's going to be a choice between arms and armour, rods, and rings.

I'd love to be able to maybe combine a rod into a weapon of some sort.

Let me know what you intend to do.

Eccles

My spell selection will be very limited. I ought to be able to do cloaks or Resistance and a handful of sneaky/illusion items, but I wouldn't be able to make anything like the whole list, unlike you and Al.

However, several of us together would dilute the pool of who's using all their hard earned XP on manufacturing stuff...

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
If we're going to be trading around stuff, then I'd be happy to throw in. Arms and armour kinda makes sense for a cleric - given they can use almost anything they can make?

Depending how we get on, I'm probably going to take scribe scroll at 3rd though, make myself a stockpile of 'useful very occasionally, but when you need it, you REALLY need it' type spells. :)

At 6th and 9th, I'll very likely take SF: Necromancy and Black Lore of Moil, if they're allowed. So might be a while before I'm making much.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Inconsequenti-AL said:
At 6th and 9th, I'll very likely take SF: Necromancy and Black Lore of Moil, if they're allowed. So might be a while before I'm making much.

Oi, that's my bag, travel boy.........go buy yerself some new walkin' boots or something!

Remove ads