Hengistbury Village

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
NPC Template

I added a link to a NPC template which can help us standardize the formatting of the NPC's?
Good idea? Is there already one in place?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I added a link to a NPC template which can help us standardize the formatting of the NPC's?
Good idea? Is there already one in place?

Hmm. Click on "Templates" in the side menu to see what templates exist. Just the ones I've made so far. Templates work in a particular way in a wiki.

Yes we should have an NPC template, but it needs to be created as a wiki template.

FreeXenon

NPC Template added

Morrus, thanks for the extra help there.
This is my first time working with Wiki's like this.

I added the template via the Templates button.

Is there a button in the editor where we can automatically add a template, or do we need to open the template page and then copy and paste?

You can delete the other page I made for the template.

Of course, feel free to change it up and add as necessary.

FreeXenon

Love these changes:

The Angry Pixie: ", but the kids of Hengistbury refer to it as such"

Marakath's Fist: "The Nose"

FreeXenon

Cadwych and Marrus

I had not realized their history.
I will have to change Marakath's Fist a bit.
It is not that older people cannot adventure, but it is unlikely.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't think you're quite grasping the concept of a wiki template, [MENTION=6228]FreeXenon[/MENTION]. What you posted isn't a template. :)

It's not an example of how you'd like to see a page laid out, it's a system of template codes, tables, and variables which, once created by one person, all other users can utlize by simply adding the template code to their page and defining the variables. It's definitely worth reading up in the manual on templates - they're a really, really useful tool.

If you look at the templates in the templates forum, you'll see examples I've made (Pathfinder Monster, Pathfinder Feat, etc.)

It look complex, but I had no idea how to do it a week ago, either. I learnt it all from scratch just a few days ago; took me an hour or two to grasp it, but it's worth doing.

Halivar

First Post
I had not realized their history.
I will have to change Marakath's Fist a bit.
It is not that older people cannot adventure, but it is unlikely.
Oh, but I love what you added via Marakath's Fist. Especially with the implied involvement of Alina. I like to imagine it maybe started as a typical love triangle, with the twist of a terrible tragedy while adventuring that took the lives of The Nose and Simple Sam. I've been thinking on it for a while, but no creative inspiration yet.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Will 5 militiamen be enough? IIRC, almost every able-bodied man in Hommlet was a volunteer member of the militia. Or is that just full-time militia?

I assumed they were the "cops". In times of war, I guess the lord would have to raise an army from the villagers.

That sounds about right. In medieval Germany, many members of the volunteer militia would practice drills in the town square on Sundays after church. This was usually the extent of their participation in the militia outside of war.
I thought that full-time medieval police were "constables" and the "militia" were able-bodied men who served in emergencies, wars, techno dance raves, etc.

Remove ads