• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here's a quick one...

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Many of us have seen movies where the big bad evil guy gets rushed by a hero who then is swiftly knocked 15-20 feet away by the bad guy's backhand B-Slap. Or similarly, you see the bad guy wade through foes as his arms swing and send numerous redshirts flying in all directions. My question is how can you fit the rules around this one?

One idea I had was readying a Knockback(Bullrush) for the first instance, but if I recall, you have to move to perform a Knockback attack. What do you guys think?

Brain

First Post
ready an awesome blow (feat from monster manual that lets you hit and knock back someone as a standard action)

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
There is a feat in Races of Stone called Knockback: if you score a hit while using Power Attack, make a free Bull Rush check. Add in Combat Reflexes with reach or a reach weapon for the effect you're looking for. Send redshirts flying by using Knockback with Whirlwind Attack. There are a LOT of feat prereqs (8) to do the combo, but it'd make for really cool imagery!

-blarg

EDIT: You don't have to move when using Knockback, and you get a bonus to BR from PA-reduced attack bonus.

Rath the Brown

First Post
Clouting weapon ability, from Complete Arcane.

On a successful hit, the target must make a DC 19 Fort save or be knocked back 10 feet (or knocked to the ground if they can't be knocked back). If they fail the first save, they also must make another or be stunned for 1 round.

Similar, but only on ranged weapons is the Knockback ability from Complete Warrior. With a successful hit, the ammunition initiates a bull rush attempt and tries to push the target back as far as possible.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Ooo... These are all very nice ideas. Especially Awesome Blow. I hadn't thought of looking in the MM. I was imagining a humanoid oppenent, so monster manual somehow didn't want to connect.. :heh: I might have to tweak it though because it limits size to Large or better. I wonder if it stacks with Cleave... or better yet, Great Cleave....

The Knockback feat might work too. Hmmm... Thanks to you all for the ideas.

Remove ads