Here's That Hi-Res Sword Coast Map

WotC hit their $100K Extra Life charity funding goal, and have released the high resolution labeled map of the northwest portion of Faerün, from Amn to Icewind Dale, and the Moonshae Isles to the Dalelands. It's pretty enormous - 10,200 by 6,600 pixels! That's 141 x 91 inches. There's a smaller version of it below, but hit the image to jump to the full size giant version. The map was created by Mike Schley.

WotC hit their $100K Extra Life charity funding goal, and have released the high resolution labeled map of the northwest portion of Faerün, from Amn to Icewind Dale, and the Moonshae Isles to the Dalelands. It's pretty enormous - 10,200 by 6,600 pixels! That's 141 x 91 inches. There's a smaller version of it below, but hit the image to jump to the full size giant version. The map was created by Mike Schley.

Sword-Coast-Map_HighRes.jpg
Click on this for the enormous hi-res version​

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Just to be clear, is this the same resolution that paying $10 to Mike on his website nets you?

I realise it's nice to buy it as a physical map as well, and through Mike's website, you can get this in pdf form which is easier to print for do-it-yourselves-types.

But if this is the same benefit as buying the digital version… wow! I guess I'm glad I hadn't decided yet if I wanted to buy it or not! Good just Extra Life charity team!!!

trystero

Explorer
Just to be clear, is this the same resolution that paying $10 to Mike on his website nets you?

I realise it's nice to buy it as a physical map as well, and through Mike's website, you can get this in pdf form which is easier to print for do-it-yourselves-types.

But if this is the same benefit as buying the digital version… wow! I guess I'm glad I hadn't decided yet if I wanted to buy it or not! Good just Extra Life charity team!!!

It is the same size (10,200 × 6,600 pixels) as the map you can buy from Mike Schley's website, and includes the same art and area. Weirdly, though, it's not exactly the same map: some of the labels have moved or gotten different line-breaks, the colour is ever so slightly darker, and the file size is smaller (25.9 MB vs. 50.2 MB).

I haven't so far spotted any functional differences, however (like different labels or cities moving), so for practical purposes I don't think you need to buy the map if you have the free one.

graves3141

First Post
I downloaded it yesterday. Great map and I'm glad to see that it's now free for everyone because its awesomeness can only help to draw people to our hobby. This map goes well with the SCAG book and makes it more of a complete and worthwhile product.

Cody C. Lewis

First Post
Wow...

I literally almost pulled the trigger and bought this last night.

Now if only I could get it to load into Roll20. The file size is HUUUUUGE! (compared to my typical upload anyway)

dpmcalister

Explorer
If you buy it from Mike you also get a nice PDF of the map. I'll be honest, when I first read this news I was annoyed but, in hindsight, the purchase is still worthwhile.

smiteworks

Explorer
If you are just downloading it as a freebie without actually contributing to the charity, then I would suggest that you are doing it wrong.

darjr

I crit!
Also there are corrections on mikes map that are not in the free one... I think. Like some cities don't have a dot and some are mislabelled.

Remove ads

Remove ads