• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroclix

I was looking forward to Febuary's "Hammer of Thor" but such is life.

What is funny is I started a list of "What I wish they had made before stopping" and discover that many of my list HAVE been made and I just didn't know it.

What is currently funny is the newest (last) set has the chase figure of Superman Prime. Ultra rare. Going for 60+ dollars on e-bay. On e-bay I got a brick for 1/3 of cost and of course I got.... Superman Prime. Lee will be so annoyed.

He wants to do a 800 pt team which is daunting but I have created but not tested yet. My son looked at it and couldn't believe the team I created and the options I have from it.

Lee will have many with "Power Cosmic" team ability so Outwit will not be as important of a power for that game. However, someone like Count Neferia with many perplexers to back him up will hurt and several Probility controllers and barrier people for some protection afterward also helps.

Once we have this huge battle I'll post it. He was talking about using Thanos (275pts) , Apocalypse (250pts) and one or two others (guessing Silver Surfer (275 pts) ) Neferia, Hypersonic range of 10, Energy blast of range 10 that normally does 6 damage will go a long ways. Mix in the perplexers and I could in theory, with one attack, do 13 clixes of damage. Even Thanos will feel that one considerably.

Other key figures.... Flash with hypersonic 20 and skrull Ms. Marvel with a plethera of attacks and defenses.

Even if I lose there will be many "Oh my God.... NO!" moments which is what makes it fun.

800 pt team battle royal

My team-
Count Neferia Supersonic, super strength, ranged expert, impervious
Ms. marvel (skrull) Supersonic, super strength, perplex, outwit
Flash (unique) Supersonic (range 20)
Blink (Vet) TK, Phase and Perplex
Destiny (Rx2/Ex2) Probility Control
Con Artist (Rx4 Ex3 Vx2) Perplex
Paramedics (Vx2) Healers
Pyro (Rx2) Barrier, Energy Explosion

My team is about MASSIVE damage and mobility with very good chances of hitting the target.

Tim's Team
Superman: Our World's at War Supersonic, Impervious, Super strength and outwit
The Mighty Thor Damage, Impervious and team ability of Power Cosmic (can not be outwitted / auto Willpower)
Firelord (R) Barrier and Ranged expert for little points
Iceman (V) Barrier
Paramedics (Ex2) Healers
Destiny (E / V) Probabilty Control
Con Artist (V) Perplex
Black Cat (E) Prob Control Leap/climb and Team ability of Spidey
Johnny Alpha (Vx2) TK with stealth

Similiar to mine but not as much damage and mobility but some scary defensive values.

I went first, moved as many of my con artists as I could first. Next round I did so again so that their powers of Perplex kicked in. Tim moved his stealth characters into hindering terrain and readied for the oncoming onslaught.

TK'd Neferia then perplexed his damage to 4+2+5 (11) and whalloped Superman HARD. SOB survived and ran away. It was a battle of Prob Control as I hit/do again, I hit, do again, I missed, I try again etc....

Then Tim thought it was safe to bring up Thor. Ms. Marvel perplexed up and Flash attacked also. Knocked down to within 3 clixs of health and he fled.

Somehow his healers succeeded healing both characters on me. :hmm:

So after this I went after his supporting fighters. Johnny Alpha was a quicky.

He regrouped making it harder for me to attack without going through his tougher higher defense value characters. Working the angles I began to take down his backup beginning with healers.

From here I took a chance and went after Thor. I maxed out range and damage with my perplexers and took him. To do this I had to leave Count Neferia away from my main group however leaving him somewhat vulnible.

Tim brought up Superman with a heavy object and the battle was won with Probibilty Controlers. As I had more of them I won. Now I had a choice- run away and regroup myself or push (take damage) and possibly take out Superman whom had a barrier surrounding him (ala Iceman).

Reviewed rules and attacked.

Ms. Marvel runs up and blasts the ice wall leaving an opening. Count Neferia is perplexed up for damage then grabs a heavy object and runs through to the hole and WHAM! 12 points of damage to Superman whom Ms. Marvel also outwitted his defenses.

Game over. Iceman vs ALL of my team?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads