• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes 10-23-06

Mad Hatter

First Post
Kaodi said:
Also, maybe I was mis-seeing things, but aren't the mentalist and DL the same dude? I don't recall the necklace tattoo/tattoo thing, but that would make sense, wouldn't it?

Yes you are miss-seeing things. The mentalist and DL are two different people. Yeah, the necklace symbol was prominent when he made Matt pass out and when Niki was stripping for Nathan before the hanky panky.

Kaodi said:
Also, the whole telepathic sex angle *was* done before, in that Mel Gibson film... What Women Want or something like that.

That's not exactly a superhero show. I'm talking comics and shows of this genre. That was a romantic comedy.

hobbit_killer

First Post
I think BrooklynKnight is right on with the events of Claire's story overlapping with the others at different points then the way we are seeing them.

Watching the scenes in the hospital, I noticed that Bennett's glasses had a scratch or crack on them. Now this was the first time I picked up on it but it could have been there in Nathan's scenes or previus episodes.

Anyway it bugged me until BK turned on the alternate timeline lightbulb. I'd even go so far as to say Matt's storyline is in line with Claire's while the rest are together.

Wasn't Matt reading about the train wreck when he was introduced?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Actually, Isaac painted the train wreck WEEKS previous to the first episode. It makes me think they're supposed to be simultaneous, or at the least only one or two days off.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mad Hatter said:
I've always wondered why that part of telepathy hasn't been explored before. ;)

It does get mentioned in Babylon 5, in somewhat poetic terms. And other sci-fi authors have addressed it from time to time - Spider Robinsom comes to mind...

DrNilesCrane

First Post
I decided to catch the first episode when it aired but expected it to be lame...wow, was I wrong. Love this show. Can't wait for a DVD. Only complaint: "Save the cheerleader, save the world!" Hmm... Not sure on that one, but otherwise it's fantastic. Hiro rocks.

Taelorn76

First Post
Now lets think about what we know.

Following Mohinders timeline.

We know that Claire's Dad was in NYC and suprised Mohinder in the cab. Mohinder then met his dad neighbor and herad the message referncing Sylar. Then went to Sylars apartment and saw the picture of Nathan and confronted Nathan just prior to him leaving for Vegas.

Nathan confronts Peter about Mohinder and Peter sets out to find Mo, then tries to take him to Issac. Meanwhile in Vegas Nathan has an encounter ;) with Nikki, meets Hiro. All these character can be placaed on the same linear timeline.

Claire and Matt are the only ones who have no connections so far to the others. Heck it's unknown if thier timelines interact as all.

In conclusion All we know is that there are known unknowns, and unknown unknowns, and all we can know is that there is more unknowns than knowns :p

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I am thinking that Claire's father and LJ (is that what he was called) are not bad guys and may be removing blocks from the heroes.

The guestion is who is Sylar (spell) and is he sucking brains and powers - little girls family and the drawing of Claire. Saving the cheerleader means that he may not get her powers, which could make him damn harder to kill than he is already. That is if Sylar is the bad guy.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Oh, the timeline is like a comic book, Peter was putting it together, if layed out you can see where the timelines overlap, the problem, putting it together.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I didn't like the way they handled the cop, and that got me to thinking about a few other things that they might have done better.

Matt: He goes to a lot of trouble to make his wife happy, but doesn't even bother to shave? (But then, I can't stand the scruffy look anyway.) And I was going to complain about everyone in the store continuing to react badly to his having the gun after he IDed himself as a cop. Several times. Then I remembered all those episodes of Dragnet that point out that a cop is never really off duty. At least in LA, he shouldn't have left his house without his gun and badge. He didn't have his gun and made no effort to produce his badge to calm everyone down, so he probably didn't have that either. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get suspended for such foolishness. (But at least he won't get fired for calling in sick when he wasn't. :lol: )

Nikki: I'm really tired of her complaining about how dangerous her (ex?) husband is. She didn't know he was a gang member/leader when she married him? Or during the 10-12 years that they were married? (Yeah, I know there are people like that, but I wish someone would say: "Hey! You knew what he was like when you married him! Now shut up about it!")

Hiro: As much as I love him, just once I'd like to see him introduce himself correctly. ("I'm Nakamura Hiro.") Oh, as for others who have complained that his English has improved dramatically this episode, bear in mind that he's the one who said that his English isn't very good. And he's a geek. I suspect that it's a matter of perception. Just because he doesn't think he speaks the language very well doesn't make it so. (In my, admittedly limited, dealingings with 'furriners' I've found that the words "My English isn't very good." is usually a good indication that I won't have a lot of trouble at least getting the gist of what they mean.)

One other thing. I caught the tail end of the repeat before Dr. Who and looked specifically for Nikki's tatoo when she was laying in bed with Nathan. I couldn't really tell whether it was not there or hidden by the shadow on her back...

Richards

Legend
To jump in on the "telepathy during sex" side conversation, there was also such a scene in an old issue of the Nexus comic book, many years back. It involved the second Nexus (the telepath, naturally - I've forgotten his real name) and a hooker.

She was suitably impressed.

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads