Heroes, Inc. Day 3+, Voyage to Sarkon

DM_Matt

First Post
Falkus said:
"I know that if they're slavers, which it looks like they are, then I couldn't go to sleep well if I didn't take the opportunity to gut them and hang them by their own small intestine," Dyria said cheerfully. "Could somebody give me a hand with my armor?"

Kiran says: "Indeed they are. Riana's first love is rare magic, but she will gather up pretty much anything that people will pay good money for in pursuit of that goal. Especially in areas like this, the people them selves are among the most valuable things around.

It will be hard to mount an assault on their ship, and I have as of yet failed to scry it and most of the beach around it. They must have a device on board that blocks that. That means it will be hard to get a good assessment of the ships armaments, altouhgh it also means that there is at least one exceedlgly nteresting device worth salvaging from the ship when we DO take it.

As of now, there groups accross the island are making their way towards the camp, Apparently it will largely be protected with the ships' cannons and by patrols , since they do not especailly expect ressisancxe form the land. Up to the beach is heavily wooded, eventually leading up to some hills.

kirinke

First Post
"Don't count your coin before it's in your purse my friend. Eyries are notoriously ruthless and wily. It is entirely probable that she is already aware of exactly what we are planning and where we are and she is probably toying with us right now. And even if we do get on board and manage to corner her, she is just as likely to blow the ship up around us just so she can take us down with her." Alethia told the over eager sailor, hoping to damp her enthusaism before it overtakes her good senses.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
DM_Matt said:
It will be hard to mount an assault on their ship, and I have as of yet failed to scry it and most of the beach around it. They must have a device on board that blocks that. That means it will be hard to get a good assessment of the ships armaments, altouhgh it also means that there is at least one exceedlgly nteresting device worth salvaging from the ship when we DO take it.

OOC: What sort of size is the island? You mentioned the village was a couple of miles away - how far from the village to the ship? How close to the camp do the woods come? /OOC

"I think there's value in checking out the stone ring," Fin adds. "We're more than a little outnumbered - if there's an opportunity to liberate prisoners, particularly if any of the druids survive, we should grab it."

Falkus

Explorer
lethia grinned at the semi-psychotic fighter. "Sure," she moves over and helps Dyria, having already shrugged into her own lightweight elvish chain earlier while dressing. "What do you need help with?" she asked. "Outside of me bashing those things heads in like an over-ripe mellon with my mace, I mean." she said, indicating the pirate ship.

"Give me a hand with the straps on my full plate," Dyria replied. "I don't like to wear it on a boat. It makes swimming difficult."

DM_Matt

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
OOC: What sort of size is the island? You mentioned the village was a couple of miles away - how far from the village to the ship? How close to the camp do the woods come? /OOC

"I think there's value in checking out the stone ring," Fin adds. "We're more than a little outnumbered - if there's an opportunity to liberate prisoners, particularly if any of the druids survive, we should grab it."

A couple miles to the village, another mile to the beach. The treeline is only about 50 feet from the edges of the camp. There is no one by the ring anymore, but groups are slowly returning to the camp. The group in the village, consisting of the bulk of prisoners and a few dozen (40?) pirates, is nearly done and will soon move entirely to the camp. They have the captives pulling carts, two of the chain devils in the front and the back, along with thier animated chains, and lines one or two thick of pirates moving down each side.They will presumedly go down the hills and through the forest, then to the beach. There are otherwise only small groups remaining in other areas consisting of about ten pirates and a few captives and carts.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Alethia moves over to help. "You should invest in something lighter, especially on an ocean voyage. Full plate is nice, but's it's a bitch to move in and heavy to boot." she smiled. "Perhaps enchanted mithril chain. I love that stuff. You get maxium mobility plus decent protection rolled into one."

frostrune

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
"I can't speak for everyone," Fin replies. "But could you sail past the oppression of the helpless today, and face the Watcher with clear conscience in your prayers tomorrow?"

"You misunderstand my friend <grabbing at the chain shirt he currently wears>. If we are to fight on land I will wear my plate, if we fight on the water I will wear my chain. It wasn't a question of if we were going to fight, but where."

His smile is broad and a familiar silver fire simmers behind his eyes.

"I will prepare myself," as he turns to head below decks.

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
Dyria started hooking up the plates of her armor, with Alethia's assistance for the straps she couldnt reach.. "I prefer mithril full plate. It's not that much heavier. And I'm really not too found of ships. Bad memories."

kirinke

First Post
"I hear you. I always hated sailing myself too. But when I have to well. I send up half a dozen prayers in thanksgiving when I get back on dry land again." she said.

Falkus

Explorer
Dyria paused in the donning of her armor, and rolled up her right sleeve, and held it up, showing Alethia that the S that was branded there. "I don't like boats because I spent a month and a half in the hold of a slave ship bound for Calimshan," she stated.

Remove ads