• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Feywild Speculation

You don´t need it, I actually do...

actually the first two spells of the transmuter are already in the red box... i´d like to see the full build. And I would not be unhappy to see the summoner/conjurer either...

but I am perfectly fine, if we don´t see the diviner or the abjurer....

Vael

Legend
The Feywild book will probably skew towards Primal and Arcane support. Limited stuff for other power sources.

Things I'm guessing will be in the book:

- New Sentinel builds/Seasons
- Shapeshift Druid support
- Support for the Fey pact Warlock/Hexblade
- Nature Domain Warpriest
- Conjuring or Transmuting Mage builds ... maybe the Summoner as a Wizard subclass?

Things I'd like to see

- Seeker support
- Daily shapeshift/wildshaping powers for Sentinels (Shapeshifting Druids might use them too, but it's more for Sentinels)

WalterKovacs

First Post
Things that would be interesing to see:

A new season for the Sentinel druid [perhaps an implement build, similar to how the death domain was an implement build, and thus an excuse to include totem expertise, also it would provide some indirect support for the older druids at least in terms of their non-beast form powers]

An essential sorceror [or new build for old one] [instead of going with more wizard schools or warlock pacts, have a sorc build, and hopefully include a dagger expertise feat]

An essential swordmage/bard [with an expertise feat for swords as implements ... they'd probably leave instruments in the tome pile as far as unsupported implements go].

I don't see the runepriest fitting into the feywild, but the Seeker could. I wouldn't hold my breath though ... the answer given in Rule of Three seemed to imply that pre-E class support would be in Dragon, not in the books. So unless they do an Essential Seeker (which could be reverse compatible if they build it more like a warpriest or mage than the Executioner Assassin) I would only expect maybe some useful paragon paths and feats [maybe a useful race].

hbnetto

First Post
Things that would be interesing to see:

A new season for the Sentinel druid [perhaps an implement build, similar to how the death domain was an implement build, and thus an excuse to include totem expertise, also it would provide some indirect support for the older druids at least in terms of their non-beast form powers]

An essential sorceror [or new build for old one] [instead of going with more wizard schools or warlock pacts, have a sorc build, and hopefully include a dagger expertise feat]

An essential swordmage/bard [with an expertise feat for swords as implements ... they'd probably leave instruments in the tome pile as far as unsupported implements go].

I don't see the runepriest fitting into the feywild, but the Seeker could. I wouldn't hold my breath though ... the answer given in Rule of Three seemed to imply that pre-E class support would be in Dragon, not in the books. So unless they do an Essential Seeker (which could be reverse compatible if they build it more like a warpriest or mage than the Executioner Assassin) I would only expect maybe some useful paragon paths and feats [maybe a useful race].

Shifters, Eladrins, Gnomes and Wildens will be the races IMO. Bard, Summoner Wizard, Other Seasons' Sentinel and Sorcerer are the classes IMHO. Maybe Animal Companion Rangers.

I WOULD like a Seeker build. If it was RBA based, it could be the striker/controller double role class. Throwing weapons sucks...

Last edited:

IanB

First Post
I don't know if I'm going to hold my breath for a druid build, flavor-wise they've really separated the fey stuff from the primal stuff this edition.

generalchaos34

First Post
I don't know if I'm going to hold my breath for a druid build, flavor-wise they've really separated the fey stuff from the primal stuff this edition.

Im going to have to agree, they even state in Primal Power that there are no "primal spirits" in the feywild, course, like any fluff it is mutable

WalterKovacs

First Post

True ... but then again, the shadow builds basically mixed a "new" power source into existing classes.

So, for a new druid season, it would be some kind of "fey-touched" version. Actually ... we don't have Winter yet. And isn't there the whole court of the Winter Fey thing?

Similarly, the 'feywild' seeker may be more of an arcane archer than a primal archer thematically.

Aegeri

First Post
A winter sentinel druid build would also be fantastic for Eberron (Children of Winter are a good antagonist faction). Also while they are primal, there are various seasonal elements to the feycourts in the fluff already. So I don't see why they wouldn't have druids of various sects like winter/autumn in their ranks at all. The sentinel hasn't had a lot of support since its release either, so some more support would be quite welcome.

Powers for a regular druid would be great as well. Primal could use more support: The vast amount of it is in martial/arcane (which is why I don't want to see either present in the book at all). If the book somehow manages to realize the seeker even exists, we can only hope it's a substantial new build and some decent new heavy thrown weapons are added to the game. Actually I would love some better heavy thrown weapons that don't suck, but whatever.

We'll have to see though, but I am really not optimistic anymore about any options for PCs that wizards publishes now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads